↣ chapter twenty-two

The counting continued as Sehun ticked his body to oblivion

"One, two, three, four. One, two, three, four." The choreographer made motions of his body and the 9 males followed like it's second nature.

Sehun concentrated on his figure on the mirror and wished he would see it leave the room already after many hours of practicing, the same synth instrumental playing endlessly in the room it's starting to outgrow him. All he wanted was get home, into his comfortable fit, and lay down till the next day comes.

"Sorry, guys. You look exhausted." Guilt was evident on the choreographer's face at the just-ended hardcore choreography he pulled.

Sweat and tired heaves filled the room as worn lines wrote on the boys' faces.

"Let's take a 30-minute break." A unified sigh of relief sounded.

Sehun first collapsed himself on the floor amongst the others, tried to catch his breath, before he pushes himself up and out of the room, to the seventh floor.

He came across a few producers through the path toward the familiar door that had her name engraved on it.

Then, when he finally reached the door, he peeked through the small opening. And found the members of NCT Dream, and other staff except Heejung, inside.

His brows furrowed.

"Hey, guys," he whispered through the chatter of the boys in the room. "Mark, where's Heejung-ssi?" He asked the one nearer to the door, and was more vacant from the core conversation.

"Uh. I think I heard she's in a meeting with the A&R Team."

"A&R?" He exclaimed, causing a certain people to gaze towards him in curious. He narrowed the doorway to cover his face and they turned away, thankfully.

She must be working on the boys' songs with them, he thought. But how come everyone is in her studio except her? Why is she the only one in there?

"Then what are you doing here?" Sehun asked after making sure Mark was the only who could hear him.

"We're finishing up the lyrics for one of our songs, Hyung."

"I see..." he nodded in understanding. "Well then, I'll get going. Good luck on your comeback!"

"Thanks, Hyung. You, too!"

He returned to his practice room, scanned the place and settled on laying down on the couch to unwind and relax his overworked muscles.

The other members had gone out to grab some food or drink. Silence and the minimal sound of their comeback song bellowed in the room. Sehun covered his ears to block their song that's now sounding like a mantra to him.

It was like he's being mind-controlled.

The sound might've come from Kai's who's been obsessed in perfecting their performance. Unlike Baekhyun who's wordlessly spacing out as he stared at the mirror, with his knees pushed up while his chin is resting on top of it.