↣ chapter thirteen

A warm ambiance greeted the girls, and soon after seeing the bakery's best-selling fresh buns, they sprint towards the counter to get themselves satisfied of their cravings

A warm ambiance greeted the girls, and soon after seeing the bakery's best-selling fresh buns, they sprint towards the counter to get themselves satisfied of their cravings. Heejung pointed at pepperoni pizza that has cheese-stuffed crust after requesting another cheese-filled bun.

You could never go wrong with cheese.

As Jiyoon tells her order to the vendor, Heejung stepped aside to wander her gaze round the shop. It was home-y, to say the least. Tiled, white walls with a touch of earth-toned accessories that complimented the wooden chairs and tables that had a pot of plant at the center of every one of them. Heejung remembered the cafe she would go to during midterms to review. It held a very similar aesthetic that she couldn't help but reminisce. She knew this bakery felt close to heart despite having it known not too long ago.

A text notification sounded, making her flicker her attention to her phone that is in her hand. Her brows furrowed and a sigh followed. It's Chanyeol.

Chanyeol Gongwon

I'm here at your studio
Where are you???

wth are u doing there?

Wru????

😒
Jaeil Bakery

could you just tell me what's going on?

Ok
Hurry up

"What's up?" Jiyoon sat across Heejung, and the latter showed her the text she just received. Jiyoon scrunched her face into a weirded countenance.

"He's being weird and he's not even trying to hide it."

"I don't feel good about this though." Heejung shook her head, a forced laugh erupting from her lips as she swiped home.

The pair walked back to the accommodation after getting their order, and was greeted by a quiet house, which was more than half of the time. They went to the kitchen and decided to eat there, not wanting to show up to Chanyeol who claimed was in Heejung's studio.

Until the devil went down the stairs, a betrayed look etching on his face. Heejung saw him from her peripheral sight but acted as if she didn't. His jaw dropped at her indifference to his presence, munching away on her cheese-filled bread.

"Yah, Kim Heejung. Are you ignoring me right now?" Chanyeol ranted, offended as he easily does. The girl giggled playfully, facing him, grinning at him with her mouth full. But a shadow trailed behind Chanyeol, its figure something she was oddly familiar with.

The rollicking smile slowly rolled down. There he was, coming down, head turning to her as his black, wispy hair bounced along the steps he took, closer and closer to her, rejecting her ability to breathe normally. His eyes glinted into a hazel shade as the sun beamed at him, painting his skin perfect and glowing. He looked so etheral, it hurts.