"You're My Star"

Later that day, I was offered to go out to lunch.
And by Tezuka of all people.
Apparently, all the other team members were busy or just weren't interested-Ryoma. Keigo had gone back to his school when practice had ended and Tezuka had approached me then, as soon as Keigo had left.
"Would you go out for lunch with us? As a celebration of you being back here, Akira-San," Tezuka asked.
"Hai. Who else is coming?" I asked, looking up at him with widened eyes.
"Gomen!" Eiji shouted. "I'm busy. So is everyone else. Chibi doesn't want to go! Have fun, lovebirds!"
"Lovebirds?" I muttered. Not that I'm protesting or anything. I do really like Tezuka. But with how stoic he is, I doubt he could like me the same way. Me. The older sister of Horio Satoshi.
Tezuka still agreed to take me out to lunch, and he never denied the lovebird comment Eiji had shouted at us.

I doubt all the regulars are actually too busy to join us. Eiji's just playing matchmaker. He knows I like Tezuka probably. Maybe it's obvious.
But what does Tezuka think of me?
"That you're cute," Tezuka's voice said, breaking me out of my thoughts as I looked across the table at him. Did I say that out loud?
I looked away from him a second later, my food capturing my attention.
"I think you're cute. Care to explain what you think about me?" Tezuka asked, his hands folded in front of him as he stared at me. Somehow he reminds me of a hawk. Somehow.
"I . . . Really like you," I said quietly, looking up at him, confidence shining through my voice. "I really, really like you. Ever since the start really."
"Is that so?" Tezuka said, eyes narrowed and lips pressed together. "Let me tell you, I've liked you since I met you first. And when you were with Atobe? It made me jealous. Very jealous."
I had no words to say to that. Nothing I would say right now would make sense. But at least he knows I like him, and I know he likes me too. Like lovers, not just captain and player, and not just as friends.
"If that's all you have to say, then please me by going out with me," Tezuka said, extending his hand out to me across the table. "Go out with me. And next time, we'll go on an official date."
My breath was gone at that second and a month passed, the two of us getting to know one another better. Getting closer. And I knew the rest of the team noticed because they would all stare at us and try to eavesdrop on us every time we would talk.
We started dating that night, but we never kissed and rarely held hands. In fact, we barely spent any time together.
Not until New Years.
He asked me to meet him after school later that night.
His hand was in mine, and it filled me with a nice, tingly sensation. Pulling me along, I realized we were headed to higher ground.
"Kunimitsu, where are we going?" I asked, eyes wide as I followed him.
"Watch," he replied. He pulled out a blanket from his bag and spread it on the ground when we got higher. He sat down and patted the space next to him.
"Up there. In the sky," Kunimitsu said softly, turning over to me. "There's a meteor shower tonight and shooting stars. You can make a wish."
I laughed quietly, his hand covering mine on the blanket.
"Oh yeah? And what about you? Are you going to make a wish tonight?" I smiled.
"I've already got everything I could wish for," Kunimitsu smiled. A rare smile. And a beautiful one too.
And then he leaned in, a wiff of cinnamon filling my nose as he softly pressed his lips against mine, his head tilted and his mouth a smile. He pulled away and looked me in my eyes.
"I've got you. What else could I wish for?" Kunimitsu said with another smile as he laid back on the blanket and stared up at the sky, his left hand behind his head to remain comfortable.
I laid back next to him, fingers entwined and eyes up at the moon and stars.
"You're my star," Kunimitsu smiled, facing me.
"Likewise."

A/N
This is the end of the story, I hope you enjoyed. I wrapped it up like this because I'll be busy this next month. Might move schools again, another birthday and a new bird this week or next. Might not have noticed, but I changed the title. Again.
Thank you for staying around and voting.
XO
13