(10.1) We Meet Again

Start from the beginning

"Yes.. I shall lead you." He coughed.

"Great! Let's get going-"

"Noel! Noel!" The white haired knight was cut off by her comrade who ran up to her in a hurry.

"Noel, he's looking for you."

Noel furrowed her eyebrows as she frowned, "I can see that," She turned to the knight, "What is it?"

"Where are you going? You've neglected your post for some hours now! This isn't like you." The guard ranted. He turned to Y/N and his gloomy expression deepened further.

He approached Y/N and grabbed the collar of his shirt despite being shorter, "This is your fault, isn't it?!"

"Fran, stop it! This is no one's fault!" Noel pushed the man from Y/N and he stumbled back yet the anger in his face hasn't subsided.

"N-Noel.." His eyes seemed as if he was looking at someone he doesn't know. Sadness replaced his anger.

"Fran." Noel stood in front of Fran and looked down, "I am in a higher position than you and you dare doubt me and even suspect my comrade? Let me tell you Fran, with one minor whisper to the higher up that I can get you fired."

He bit the inside of his cheek, anger flamed his gaze as it landed on Y/N who was merely looking down at him. He stood up and dusted himself.

"I will be taking the day off today. Call John to cover up for me." Noel ordered once more before the guard walked away with bittersweet feelings.

═════════════════

"Was that alright?" Flare asked.

Supposedly we were gonna survey and follow from behind, but Hanzo asked us to enter instead. But just in case, I spread my mana in a bubble that encased us so that when an unknown object passes through, I'll be alerted.

"No idea," Noel shrugged, "It's my first time doing this after all."

"Noel-san was so cool! She drove away that bastard in an instant!" Kanata then did imitations of Noel's previous aura, which I must admit, was a little close to the original.

I looked at Hanzo's back. It seemed big. Was it because he's the village chief? The villagers must be relying on him often.

"Y/N, are you fine?" Flare's voice opted for me to turn back and face her. Her amber eyes gleamed with worry, "you've been awfully quiet."

Raising a brow, my lips lifted into a playful smile, "Haven't I always been quiet?"

"But not this quiet. Are yo-"

"Shh."

I pressed a finger on my lips to silence Flare. Something just stepped in my barrier. I leaned onto Hanzo and whispered for him to stop and I stepped out once he did and the gang followed.

I made it so that creatures with malicious intent would immediately be detected.

Flare and the others seemed confused about my actions and that's understandable. I spread my mana in quite a large radius afterall so I doubt their detecting skills would be able to pick up the goblins that surrounded us.

I turned to Hanzo.

"A-ahh.. Y-Y/N, are-.. Is everything alright..?" He asked, trembling at every word.

I shook my head. There was no need to sugarcoat, it is our job to protect this carriage at all cost after all. "There are goblins. They're planning to ambush us."