Epilogue

"E-eh, Mr. Ramazzotti. Diba kaka hire lang natin ng secretary mo? Magaling naman po si Linda eh." Another hectic and lifeless morning greeted me. Do I need her opinion? That girl, Linda. Just made a big mistake and thank god Mr. Silvero was a great friend of my dad, he let it passed. "Do I need your opinion, Ice?" I said coldly without looking at her. I felt her stiff. "N-no po, sige." Ice is daughter of our late mayordoma. Dad gave her a scholarship and it made her finished college, so when I got my company build dad requested me to hire her.

"Okay, take that all." I pointed at the scattered papers on the floor. I don't mean to be this rude. Bro, I just couldn't control it. Nang maka alis ito ay sumandal ako swivel chair ko at pinikit ang mga mata, nanakit ang ulo kaya't mariin ko itong minasahe.  Instead of drinking meds, kinuha ko ang baso ng alak at nag salin ng alak. I sip on it when I saw a piece of paper left on the floor. I stood up and took it, when I was about to throw it on the trash can I was suddenly hipnotized.

She looks like an fallen angel. Her face is small, she has pointed nose and beautiful eyes. "Samantha Kaye Ruiz." I went back to my swivel chair and made a phone call. Ice immidiately did her job to find the girl as I send her the picture. Then Dad called. I heard voices from behind, siguro ay nasa children's house na naman ito. A small smile crept up. This is dad's happiness. These kids makes my dad happy. I've never seen him this genuinely happy. After that talk, I heard a knock and Ice's voice outside.

"Mr. Ramazzotti? She's here."

"Okay, leave us." Saad ko naman, nakatalikod mula sa pinto. I played with the glass of beer on my hand. Then I heard her steps, even her steps sounds so soft. Isn't it weird now Eros? "Ahm good m-morning? I'm Samantha–" I didn't let her finish her words. "Kaye Ruiz, 26. Architect." I said. "Bat ka napadpad dito?" I swear, why did I even ask that? Well, she's an architect right? She should apply a job suited for her? Yeah. "I uhm, need a work!" Tanging saad nito nag tataka. Yeah Eros, enough with this. I stood up and faced her. I swear to god I never felt this feeling before. This is so new! She is just so beautiful.

I cleared my throat. "I mean, why on earth an architect applies for mere secretary position?" Then I saw her face filled with question marks. Hindi ko na lang hinintay pa ang sagot nito, I tilted my head and look straight her eyes. She took a step back when I step a leg. "So tell me? Why should we hire you in our company and as my secretary?" This time I saw her face pale.

She breathed heavily first. "You know Sir, I really don't have an experience on working as secretary–but I'll do my best! I'm really in need right now and... I need to work to pay for my debts. Please give me this job and I will do everything to deserve the position." Mahabang sagot nito at halos hindi na huminga pa. In my mind I nodded, and then I stared at her for a moment again the big room was filled with silence.

Inisahang inom ko na lang ang natitirang alak sa baso at humakbang. "You can start right today." Happiness is visible in her eyes. I acted unaffected. I stared at her and gestured the papers on the table right Infront of my table. "All you have to do is read and fix this papers. Ice the girl earlier will also guide you after this, now work."

"Thank you Sir! Promise gagawin ko ang lahat para sa trabahong ito!" Masayang sabi nito.

That was the start of everything, each day pass makes me like her more. She looks so pretty. Kind and great. It was always a hectic and toxic day and night for me. Alak lagi ang sandalan ko, but when she came. I learned that there are people that cares about me. She brings me food to eat, breakfast, lunch and sometimes even dinner. I knew I liked her. But I pretended I don't need her concern, they concerns. I am scared I might be left alone again. Like what she did.

I thought finally I am okay, I am healed. But she then appeared again in front of me. Begging, crying and... Dying. I was so close minded, I couldn't talk to her. I loathed her! Ayoko s'ya makita! Ayoko ring makita s'ya ni dad. Because for sure, he will do everything to get mom back. I couldn't think straight, so I have to escape. The fear and hatred towards them is coming back.