CH-7

Kurenai giggled at his nickname for Jiraiya and his shy admission to his crush.

"'Had'? Why'd you stop?" She questioned.

Naruto sighed, "You're fifteen years older than I am, and I was just a kid. I shrugged off as some shallow puppy love, fawning over you because of the way you looked. I didn't even know anything about you except your name, we barely said two words to each other after the genin teams were assigned."

Kurenai nodded in understanding, although she was blushing slightly at the second and unintentional compliment to her looks.

"The age gap doesn't bother you now?" She asked with genuine curiosity.

Naruto shook his head, "Age is just a number."

Kurenai smiled at this new Naruto, he'd moved farther away from his brash, loud-mouth self over the past three years to be sure, but he usually didn't talk openly, easily or in a mature manner such as this. Naruto had taken after Kakashi in more than just his fashion sense, he usually had a calm and easygoing, borderline lazy, attitude when he was just sitting around doing nothing in particular like the duo was doing now. Although when the situation called for it, the blond was every bit the bull-headed and opinionated person everyone came to love.

Kurenai lightly squeezed Naruto's hand to get his attention, and for several moments they just looked into each others' eyes and Kurenai reached her free hand over to cup Naruto's face and caress his cheekbone her thumb before moving down slightly to run the digit the length of one his apparently very sensitive whisker marks. Naruto's eyelids suddenly felt heavy, and he closed them as a small smile refused to leave his features no matter how much he mentally protested against it. Kurenai couldn't help but giggle at the scene.

Naruto frowned when the ministrations on his cheek ceased, but opened his eyes to find that Kurenai was looking at him intently, slightly chewing on her lower lip. Before Naruto could react the raven-haired woman slowly started closing the distance, and seconds later their lips met in another chaste kiss.

The blond Tokujō lifted Kurenai gently and set the woman on his lap, her legs off to his right, and wrapped his arms around her waist as Kurenai cupped both of his cheeks.

After several seconds the duo pulled apart and Kurenai put her arms around Naruto as well and rested her head in the crook of his neck, leaning into him fully, just enjoying her new lover's warmth.

"Naruto?" She asked softly.

The blond stopped the motion of his hand, which had been gently rubbing Kurenai's back, for a few seconds and resumed his actions to show he was paying attention.

"Was I your first kiss?"

"Yeah." With a woman, anyway. Naruto elected not to voice that last thought lest he explain the academy incident that involved a certain Uchiha.

Kurenai just smiled contentedly and felt herself start to drift off with the gentle massaging of her back and rather comfortable position.