CH-5

Naruto didn't argue, he knew it wouldn't get him anywhere, and he also had no control over what the victim would see when caught in that particular jutsu, but that didn't mean he liked it.

Kurenai clutched Naruto's haori as her shoulders trembled slightly causing the blond to hold her tighter. To think, the mighty Genjutsu Mistress of Konohagakure was brought to her knees by a simple D-rank technique cast by a shinobi who was once thought to be completely inept in every aspect of life. Of course she knew better than that, Naruto was a powerful and skilled shinobi, and a fine young man to boot, she thought with a light blush. Still, the idea could almost make her laugh out loud.

"My my, you two seem to be getting along well." A new voice chirped from some distance away, causing the pair to separate out of embarrassment.

"S-Shizune-nēchan!" Naruto explaimed in surprise, realizing the Godaime's assistant had snuck up on them.

"So do you two normally cuddle during training?" She said in jest.

The duo in question each went red in the face, causing Shizune to giggle at them. Thankfully before the younger of the women could get another jab in, a fourth person appeared from behind her to interrup the woman's teasing who turned out to be none other than Kurenai's daughter, Biwako.

Bī bounded up to the pair and Kurenai held out her arms thinking the child was running for a hug, only to be completely passed over in favour of her blond companion.

Naruto looked down to the small brunette girl with an inquisitive gaze as she stood before him, simply studying his facial features.

After several minutes of this her face lit up, seemingly coming to a realization.

"You're the man Aunty Yūgao said was kissing Mommy last night!" She proclaimed, rather loudly.

Naruto and Kurenai both turned an impossible shade of red and looked to Shizune as they heard her let out a surprised 'eep' and covered her mouth with one hand while supporting Tonton in the other, who also looked rather surprised. Shizune simply stared back with wide eyes.

Kurenai coughed into her fist lightly and spoke with a calm tone, her true emotions betrayed only by the pink colouration that stubbornly remained on her cheeks.

"What are you doing here, Shizune-san?"

"Bī-chan wanted to watch you and Naruto train." Shizune answered honestly. The child merely nodded vigorously.

Kurenai and Naruto stiffened, remember the little mishap that just occurred, although the former was remembering the illusion, Naruto was worried that small child might have seen the state her mother was in before, and shortly after, the illusion was dismissed. The medic-nin first looked to Kurenai, who had a far-off look in her eyes, then to the blond whose own gaze seemed to ask the question that was on his mind. Shizune simply shook her head in the negative, causing Naruto to let out a sigh of relief.

"So," Shizune began with a playful smirk, "Naruto and Kurenai, huh? You two love birds set a date for the wedding yet?"

"W-w-w-wait a minute, it's not like that! Dattebayo!" Naruto sputtered in self defence, clearly flustered beyond reason, his infamous catchphrase slipping out accidentally much in the fashion of the late Kushina Uzumaki.

Shizune held back the fit of laughter that was threatening to escape her throat with all her willpower, and instead frowned playfully, clearly enjoying the teasing.

"So you're just using the poor girl as a make-out buddy? It's not nice to play with a woman's heart, Naruto-kun." She said in a scolding tone.

Naruto paled, if Tsunade caught wind of his supposed impure intentions he'd surely get the thrashing of the century. Shizune saw the absolute terror in Naruto's eyes and failed to hold back her giggle-fit any more and roared with laughter while clutching her sides.

After several minutes of nearly suffocating from laughter, Shizune managed to get herself under control between the odd hooing and hawing here and there between giggles while wiping the tears from her eyes.

"S-sorry, Naruto. I couldn't resist." She said through a few more chuckles.

Naruto let out a sigh of relief, thankful Tsunade wouldn't beat him like a drum, much in the same fashion of his late master, Jiraiya. But he couldn't help but be a little embarrassed that he'd been had.

"So, care to explain?" She asked seriously.

Naruto furrowed his brows slightly, this time all three adults were standing and Bī was happily seated in Kurenai's arms.

"It was, er, an... accident." He said awkwardly, scratching a whisker mark out of nervous habit.

Shizune merely raised an eyebrow.

Kurenai cleared her throat, drawing the other woman's attention.

"What he means is, neither of us planned for it to happen." Kurenai said, going on to explain how they were out celebrating his promotion to Tokujō, although she left out the fact that it was also a pseudo-date, and how she went to give him a quick peck on the cheek but missed, and how Naruto initiated the 'real' kiss, much to his chagrin.

As soon as Shizune heard the last part, she blinked at Naruto a few times, his face flushing a deep crimson.

"That doesn't sound like an accident." She said, mock pouting.

Naruto looked like he was about to say something, but was stopped when the medic-nin spoke first.

"I didn't think you had it in you. Nice work, kid." Shizune said, punctuated by a friendly slap on the back.

Naruto narrowed his eyes at the woman, "What did you just say?"

"'Nice work, kid'?" She repeated.

The blond's face scrunched up in thoughtfulness momentarily before he spoke up again, "You already knew about it, didn't you?"

Shizune shook her head, "No, I just found out when a certain little munchkin said she caught you red-handed. Why?"

Naruto's face contorted once more.

"Someone said the exact same thing to me last night, right after we, you know..." He said.

Something seemed to click for Kurenai at that very moment, a certain purple-haired ANBU might have something to say about this.

"I just remembered something I have to do." She said simply while handing Bī to a confused Naruto.

The blond sighed in exasperation, "I guess training is over."