[Chapter 06]

Y/N'S P.O.V

After having dinner, you told your Mother that you will be resting early 'cause you still have to study for the upcoming finals and review all of the stock knowledges you had as fast as you can. Carrying Copper into your arms, you kicked your room's door open before closing it after.

"Now that I felt alone, you have to stay here with me Copper for the rest of the night. And also, to prevent you from pooping out without thinking other people's opinions.", You hissed.

You stared at your dog, who was now licking her own paw, you then continued, "Now, I looked like a psychopath who's babbling on her own dog's clumsiness. Ugh, nevermind..."

"Dogs are dogs and humans are humans. Right?", You chuckled realising for all this time, you had been talking to your own self. "It's not like you can answer me anyways.", You shook your head.

You walked to your study table, turning on the lamp and adjusting it into a yellowish dim (Idk what to call this one so sorry, my bad TT) you then picked the books you are anticipating to study and chose the oldest ones.

The change of mind had clouded your mind when you remembered the excuse you told to your Mom earlier before barging inside your room. You let out an exasperated sigh before putting your phone near your study lampshade.

It's always been like this every night, eat, study, sleep and vice versa. But your Mom seems to have no problem with that and just supported you for whatever you do as long as it won't cause troubles for yourself.

"It's time to study~. Another part of my life's story digging into these old books and surfing into the internet just to find the terms and meanings of a single word that all of my professor's telling me this could help me into my very own future-"

"-Nonetheless, I had no other choice but to study for my own family's sake. These words are honestly stressing me out.", You sighed and ran your fingers into your hair. You then flopped your head into your study table creating a loud thud.

Ding!

Suddenly, a notification from your phone had gained your attention towards indicating someone's texting you.

"Who is it this time? I have my own self tantrums about studyi- oh?! Minghao?", Eyes widened due to the name of the guy on top of the chat conversation, you gasped and immediately, a big smile formed into your lips.

Your cousin.

Xu Minghao, he's your cousin, living in China for about whole damn 17 years of his life, he left this country for his own family company's sake just when he turned 3. Minghao and you has been so close to each other, and still you guys promised to keep in touch even though the both of you has been far away in person.

Unlike your other boy cousin, he's the only who have been so so so so close to you, until now. Even though to the fact that he was a Chinese and you both barely have the similar features, likes and habits, you guys are still inseparable and irreplaceable.

People sometimes mistake you two as lovers, you two could just laugh it off thinking that maybe the both of you really looked like it from stranger's perspective and views. Well, Minghao's mother and your mother are siblings so that's why you guys had different surnames.

Sometimes you even wonder, why just God gave Minghao to your life as only as a cousin, when, he could be your big brother or your twin. It would really much better to have him as your brother where he could protect you from the bullies and help you with everything at all cost.

After all, you are still thankful for having him by your side even though you could only talk through chats and video calls. Your eyes lit up knowing that he still doesn't forget and had the urge to text you from being too busy nowadays.