Chapter 1

SHAEL'S POV

I can't sleep so I decided to go out of my apartment for a walk in the park. I wear my jacket because it is a little cold outside. I wear my boots and gloves and lastly my bonnet.

It is already 10:36pm and the streets are still busy with cars passing by and people walking.

I head to the park and there are also some people there. I recognized some as residents of the same neighborhood.

I settle in a distance. In a bench near a tree overlooking the lake nearby.

The lights illuminates the water.

I take out my phone and capture a short video to post on my story.

I am facing forward thinking my life lately.

I had just moved in a new town. I don't have much friends here yet.

I kinda miss my hometown but I need to move on. My job is here. I need to start a new life out of my comfort zone.

I had so much to think about. My new job. My future. Everything.

It would be a lie if I say I am not stressed. I definitely am so stressed lately. I had so much to do. Maybe that's the reason why I can't sleep tonight.

I stand up and continue walking around to refresh my mind.

A few minutes later it is getting more cooler than before so I decided to just het back home.

On my way home, I bumped into Liam, he is also living in the same building as me, on the next floor.

We exchanged conversations in the past weeks. He is friendly, easy-going and open-minded maybe that's why we easily get along together.

We greeted each other and head to the building together talking on the way.

Once I am inside my apartment, I do all things just so I can sleep. I still need to report to work tomorrow. I desperately need to sleep.

Time passes and still I am wide awake. I head downstairs towards the refrigerator to find something to drink and to my huge dismay I am out of stock so I decided to go out again, for the second time.

There is a 24/7 store nearby so I go there and grab some drinks and chips.

After paying for it, I head out only to bumped into a guy which almost makes my paper bag to drop on the cement but good thing he catch it fast and the bottles are safe inside or it could have been broken.

I apologize because I am the one not looking into where I am stepping as I was finding my phone in my jacket.

The guy just smile and hand me my paper bag as he introduced his name.

His name is Jestoni. After exchanging a conversation, I go back to my apartment as he go inside the store.

I get one bottle and head to the balcony to drink. The moon is shining so bright from up abobe and the stars are visible in the night sky.

I take a sip of my drink.

A few minutes later someone from the next room walks to the next balcony beside mine and as I look there, I see Jestoni.

He immediately recognizes me. He waves at me and I do the same.

"Can't sleep?" Him

"Yeah" me

"Same here" him

"You must be the new occupant here" me

"I just moved in today. I relocated for my new job in town. How long have you been living here?" Him

"Almost a month now" me

He nods.

We continue to talk through the night till 2am. Then I feel sleepy. He go to his room first before me.

I lie down my bed and close my eyes.