SPLASH!

I turned seeing Kemono fall into the water. "OH GOD-" I ran over, grabbing Kemono by his harness and barely pulling him back on land after trying to swim out to sea. I clenched my jaw, feeling Kemono use all his strength and pushed back into the water, except. He brought me with him this time. "Kain!" Jiwoo yelled watching me fall in with Kemono. After a moment, I gasped, getting back out and pulling Kemono along again. This time. I commanded him to sit and stay. Luckily, he did. "Ugh-" I sighed, shaking my head and rubbing Kain red hair dry. Leaving it damp. "Are you alright?" Seongik walked up behind me. "Yes. Thank you" I took his offered hand, standing upright, wringing out my wet shirt. "There's always something happening to you-" Jiwoo sighed. "I know right?" I agreed, grumbling until I turned to Seongik. "Just to remind you. We still have our spar coming up as well" I froze. Eyes widend. "Are you serious? You haven't let that go?" I asked. "Nope. Then, have a good rest of your walk" he smiled, walking away as I gaped at him, seriously shocked he's holding onto that damned spar I never agreed to.

"You're going to spar against the principal?" Jiwoo asked, impressed. "Not willingly" I retorted. "Let's race another time. I need to take a shower and give Kemono a bath. Cya!" I ruffled my hair some more, waving goodbye to Jiwoo as I ran off to my dorm, calling Kemono at the same time.

"Hm..." Jiwoo remained still, watching me run off. "I wasn't expecting Seongik wanting to spar against Kain" Kayden spoke, scratching the back of his ear. "Me neither. I wonder why" he asked. "Probably because he beat up that awakened student during the affiliated vs unaffiliated sparring matches" And he was right. "I hope he doesn't over do it again" Jiwoo sighed, turning around to stretch again.

...

Later that day. An ominous energy made itself known on the island. I turned to the window, furrowing my brows. I was practicing my force control for a bit but stopped when that energy crept into my room. "He's here..." I bit my lip.

Beakdus ex-chairman is here. Aka, Sucheons grandpa...and the start of one of the important events coming up in this Manwha.

Dusik Kang.

...

"So the ex-chairman of Beakdu is here? Wow, don't tell me it's because Sucheon lost" both Giwook and I walked side by side down the halls. Heading to the next instructor meeting. "There are many reasons hes 'paying a visit' to the awakened academy. One of them could be unaffiliated students learning with the affiliated" i pursed my lips. Of course that's one of them. But Sucheon losing is another. "After you" he opened the door, waiting for me to enter. "Thank you Giwook" I smiled, walking in. Once again the other instructors gazes stiffening once I approached the table, their condemn stares starting to aggravate me. "Yesterday. Mr.Seong was struck by lightening and is now unconscious" I bit my lip to stop myself from laughing. Of course, he tried to kill Casien Nitrate but failed. He's lucky enough to be alive after showing malice to the cat. The others started wondering how Mr.Seong ended up getting struck by lightening as an awakened one as I couldn't care less.

He deserved it. "It's puzzling how it happened. But we should still feel sorry for him. Let's pray for Mr.Seongs recovery. Everyone, a moment of silence" everyone bowed their heads, following Inhyuks instruction as I stayed looking up. Hardly caring until everyone lifted their heads. "Why didn't you pray?" One of the instructors asked, obviously not liking my attitude. "Oh, I'm atheist" I responded with a kind smile. Like hell I'd pray for a guy that's been an asshole since I came here.

"Jeez~ it's always so stuffy in there. I swear, those instructors must really hate Kain for them to continuously glare at me like that..." the entire rest of the meeting, all they did was glare. Seriously, it's starting to get annoying rather than making me feel intimidated.