Chapter 27

Eavesdropping was never something I'd usually do. Really. In all honesty! But, in the little situation I basically walked myself into, I had no choice. These awakened ones could easily sense me if I moved. Even then, I have no idea how well these affiliated students are in detection, still, it's better safe than sorry. "You told me to trust you. But all you did was get owned by those punks Shinhwa and the Union brought!" I gulped, listening to Sucheon yelling quite loudly. "I'm sorry" then the light voice of Jeongsu, who was usually headstrong, apologized to him. "You're sorry?" My eyes widened hearing the kick the guy landed on Jeongsu, making him crash into the ground with a loud thud. Reading this part was easier than actually hearing it. Especially when I know I can interfere, but what can an ordinary person do? Even if I'm not ordinary but putting on a facade to be, I have to keep hidden. For as long as I can. Because once it's known I'm awakened, it'll force me into the awakened world...because Kain is the son of a powerful awakened one.

"You think an apology can solve everything? Do you know how humiliated I was because of you? The fucker Jisuk even laughed at me" I flinched. Cursing at Jisuk for bringing this upon Jeongsu. Seriously, that guy was not helpful in any way. Not to my situation in the least. I'm just glad he's a good friend to Jiwoo. If only he would stop bothering me for fucks sake. "There were awakened ones much stronger than expected..." Jeongsu said, trying to deal with the pain Sucheon caused. His kick hardly felt light. Even as someone that can enforce their body to withstand different attacks. "Stronger my ass. They're only strong amongst losers like you. What a bullshit excuse" Sucheon scoffed, glaring down at him seeing how Jeongsu didn't look up once, still very much irked at how he lost to two nobodies. "If this happens again. You'll be rejected by Beakdu and I'll kill you myself, got it?" Jeongsu nodded his head with a light, "...yes". "How annoying" "why do you even still look after him?" Sucheon walked away with the two other students tailing behind him. Their voices fading out after a little longer, then the click of the door shutting told me they had gone.

I peeked out from the railings once Sucheon and his little gangs voices were completely gone. Looking down to see if Jeongsu was alright only to flinch, making eye contact with him. He glared up at me, wiping his mouth dripping with blood. "Jeongsu- go to the infirmary...please..." I furrowed my brows seeing his face swell. I'm worried but not worried enough to jump down two stories high off the building to check on him. "Mind your business, leech" he turned away, walking into the building and away from sight. I sighed. Looking down at Kemono who wagged his tail upon eye contact. "Really...what should I do with them? '' I asked, moving away to find Giwook. This shouldn't keep happening. The least I can do is ease the situation up, although not completely.

...

After a few minutes of walking through many buildings and running into a lot of glaring eyes, I was stumped. Giwook was nowhere to be found, no matter how long I looked. Kemono didn't personally sniff his scent yet so I couldn't make him track the guy down either. "I should've taken him up on the offer of showing me around the whole island. Whenever I try to ask these people only shrug me off with those nasty sneers" I grumbled, passing by a room when I heard a familiar voice shout. "Sparring between the affiliated and unaffiliated students!?!" I paused, knowing that shout was Giwooks since I've continuously heard it after so many times. My eyes widened, covering my mouth. The sparring between the affiliated and unaffiliated students shall start. It's the one I've always wanted to see in real life, but having grown attached to some of them, even through I shouldn't have, it's become a dooming event.

"Taeyoung will...." I sucked in a breath, turning around. These snot nosed jerks known as affiliated students will...."Kemono...it's becoming increasingly unbearable to keep things to myself knowing I can't stop it but- I can't alter the story nor should I interfere as an outside..." Kemono whined, hoping on his paws to gently nudge my hand with his nose. I smiled a bit, petting him. Then my eyes widened. "Ah- I almost forgot there are people here who can read...animals...." My heart sank. Kemono saw everything. Everything from when I first got him to my paintings, my breakdowns, my nonsense mumbled of my mom and hyung and worst of all...me using my powers. My abilities. If there are people here who can communicate with animals, it's obvious Kemono would innocently show them or tell them everything about me.