twenty one.

Sean and his parents were now at one of the local restaurants near the school. The family ate and talked being that today was his moms birthday. His dad wasn't around much but he decided to come out and enjoy his son and ex wife's company, he truly wanted to do better with being around physically instead of just being there financially for his son.

"I can't wait until he graduates so he can put me in a big house." His mom laughed, and brought her wine glass to her mouth. "I see these gifts and he doesn't even have a job, that stipend is doing him good huh?"

"That and the money that I send him every other day." His dad adds causing Sean to chuckle.

"Y'all chill on me." Sean shook his head before looking up at his mom, "Did you do what I told you to do ma?"

"Well what did you tell her to do son?" His dad intervened.

"Dad don't worry about that." Sean chuckled.

"Yes, I did. Your guest should be here shortly."

The family continued to eat until the guest appeared at the table with a smile plastered on her face, "Hey everybody."

Sean's mother and father greeted her before his mom stood to engulf the girl in a hug, "Hey Zoey, haven't seen you in a minute."

"I know right." She looked over to Sean, "Sean."

Sean gestured to the door and stood up from the table excusing himself before he walked off leading Zoey outside of the restaurant. There were nearby benches and he took a seat on one of them before Zoey took a seat as well. The two sat quietly as they both pondered the right words to say.

They haven't spoken in a while and there was still some bad blood between the two. Sean chose to invite her because he wanted to have a real conversation with her, and just in case it had gotten messy he could get his mother to calm everything down. He knew Zoey would not mind getting out of character in public.

"Um, how have you been?" Sean asked as he looked over at Zoey.

"I've been okay, just practicing and everything. I know you didn't invite me here to hear about what I have going on, we run into each other every now and then when you have practice so what is this?" Zoey asked, she wanted to know what this was about.

Did Sean want to rekindle?

"Well." Sean maintained brief eye contact before looking down, when he put what he wanted to say into words he looked back to her.

"I really wanted to apologize about how I went about everything last year.. or semester. That wasn't the way to go about it especially since I knew you could possibly catch feelings for me. I know seeing me with somebody else and trying to give her what you wanted so badly hurt and I- I never really stopped to think about how you felt."

"Sean-"

"Let me finish," Sean intervened. "I was selfish and again, I'm sorry. I know what you did was out of hurt."

Zoey eyes teared up and she didn't have anything else to say. She had never seen this side of Sean and she started to regret what she had done, some of the things Sean wasn't aware of. Guilt washed over her and she hated the feeling.

A lone tear fell from her eye making Sean's face scrunch in confusion, "Are you okay?" Sean asked.

"I'm fine," She sniffled and looked at Sean in his eyes, "Thank you, that's all I wanted was a genuine apology."

"Don't thank me, actually I want to thank you for opening my eyes. It's not acceptable to play with anyone's feelings."

"Sean I- I'm sorry too." Zoey said.

"About what?" Sean scanned her face.

Zoey played with her fingers as she looked down, she fought with herself to tell him that she was the reason that him and Milan wasn't together right now.

Deciding that she was going to enjoy this moment, she answered with. "Ruining your clothes, you didn't deserve that."

Meanwhile Milan sat in Davon's room folding his clothes and she suddenly grew sad, images of Sean helping her fold her laundry popped into her mind and she didn't know why.

"Thanks bae, for folding for me. I'm so tired." Davon said as he got comfortable in his bed before grabbing his phone off of the nightstand.

"So you're not going to help me? Just get on your phone while I fold your clothes."

"Milan, I'm tired as hell! Come on and fold them for me bae. I'll rub your feet afterward."

Milan rolled her eyes, "You better."

As she folded his clothes Davon received a text from Zoey. She was having regrets about the plan that they had established. Davon looked at Milan then back at the message.

He wasn't going to end things with Milan and he was going to remind Zoey about how Sean had did her, he wondered what had her feeling that way.

When she had came to him crying and he pitched the idea, she was all for it. Now she wanted to back out.

TO BE CONTINUED