fourteen.

Sean looked at Milan out the corner of his eye as he completed work on his laptop. He could see her fingers moving and the smile on her face every time she would pick up her phone. He knew that smile all too well, somebody had her attention and it wasn't him.

"We're supposed to be doing work, not on our phones Milan." Sean halfway joked.

"Sorry, I had a message." Milan readjusted her self as she sat back on her body pillow. She was at the head of the bed with her computer on her lap while Sean sat at the foot, her feet were draped over his lap.

"Anyways, did I tell you about the talk that I had with Elijah?"

Milan eyes widened as she looked at Sean, "What you mean you had a talk with him? About what?"

Sean moved his eyes back and forth before he spoke. "Didn't he lie and say he did something with you when he know he did it? I just told him to forget he ever met you." Sean shrugged and looked back at the screen.

"Okay, good." Milan picked up her phone and checked her messages.

Davon and her had been texting for a couple of days now. He was trying to get to know her and had yet to ask to see her in person, Milan felt that was a good sign. College men loved to try to get over to somebody's room or to get somebody to their rooms.

"Who has you so smiley over there?" Sean asked unable to keep it in anymore.

"A friend."

"Has to be Yasmeen or Taylor." Sean said as he continued to work on his computer.

"No, I have a new friend. His name is Davon."

"His? Davon?" Sean asked in a high-pitched voice before looking at Milan with raised eyebrows, "You're replacing me already?" He pouted.

"You're so dramatic Sean." Milan laughed, "Nobody could ever replace you, Davon is real cool though."

"Mmm, and how did y'all meet? Is he gay?"

Milan rolled her eyes, "He's not gay and we met at his kickback that I went to."

Sean nodded, he wanted Milan to end the so called friendship she had with him. This Davon character seemed like a threat, Milan actually was interested in him and that made him jealous.

"Maybe I can meet him one day, I need to be face to face with who has you smiling like that."

Milan scrunched her brows, "Are you jealous Seany? Aww look at you." Milan joked.

"That's not funny Mil, I ain't jealous. Me? Be jealous? Get out of here." Sean waved her off.

He couldn't admit that his chest was hurting when he was the one that basically ended what could've been.

"I thought we were taking it slow though."

"We are, does that mean that I can talk to other people?" Milan asked, she was pretty sure he was entertaining other females.

"No, you're single you can do what you want. What if you end up actually liking him though? Where does that leave me.. us?"

Milan shrugged, she honestly wasn't thinking that far ahead.

"You don't know?" Sean chuckled.

"What do you want me to do Sean? If it ends up that way then it is what it is. You had your chance."

Sean shook his head, "The reason I'm not pursuing anything with you right now is because I know I can't do right by you right now Mil." Sean's attention was completely on her now.

"So you want me whenever you're ready to stop doing what you want to do?" Halle pulled her feet off of him.

"It's not even like that and you know it."

"That's what it seems like. You're getting jealous because it's somebody that I'm taking interest in and it's being reciprocated. I told you that were friends right now, who knows where it's going to go."

"You're not understanding where I'm coming from man, there's no point in even trying to talk to you."

"Tone

"Tone." Milan gestured with a head nod as she stared ahead at Sean. "I don't know what has gotten into you when you were the one that suggested that we take it slow. Maybe we shouldn't be around each other until we know for sure we're what each other want."

Sean eyes Milan with confusion all over his face, "What are you saying?"

"I'm saying that.." Milan trailed off, "Maybe we need space, to see other people. We're not even together and it's causing a lot of confusion."

Sean closed his laptop and stood up off of the bed, "I don't understand at all. I'm sorry, I shouldn't have came off that way."

"It's fine Sean, but I'm still sticking to this."

"Alright, cool." Sean packed up his belongings and walked to the door.

He looked at Milan one last time, she had sadness written all over her face. She wanted to tell him not to leave but Milan figured it was the best choice. They were stagnant and their feelings got in the way of their "friendship".

TO BE CONTINUED

welp.. thoughts?

not updating until I have at least 20 votes on this chapter.

appreciate everybody who's showing love ❤️.