Chapter 5 AGAIN- (Saiko) Discomfort

Love is like a home. The love you have for that special someone is a place where you feel like you can relax and be yourself. It feels warm and comforting, you almost never want to leave.

Anyone can have a house, but not everyone has a home. If things don't go well with your old home, you can still find another one, and who knows, maybe your new home will be better than the last.

My love for Akira is irreplaceable. No love can be better or stronger than it, and it can't be surpassed. I don't plan to lose my love for Akira, and there certainly won't be any new loves to follow after.

... Right..?

...

It hasn't even been that long, and I already found myself missing Akira. 'She must be so scared all alone in that, hopefully quiet, storage room.' My biggest concern was that Saiko might find her. Hopefully I've caught enough of his attention, thanks to his game, to distract him from his search for her.

Looking around the classroom, I felt like I was being mocked when I saw a board that had nothing but Xs on it. Meaning what? It means no progress! No going forward! No closer to my happy ending with Akira! It means... No. Piece. To. The. Code.

Thinking to myself, I sigh. 'There has to be SOMETHING in here.' What would be the point of hiding the key to a room that has nothing in it? 'Is this why he so easily gave it away after a simple game of rock-paper-scissors?!' As I think that, I find a key on one of the shelves. 'I may not have found more of the code, but at least I'm making progress.' I clench the key in my hand. "Just wait for me... My precious Akira..."

(Meanwhile With Saiko)

A sigh could be heard in the now empty classroom, the same one a certain someone was in just moments ago. "I should've known that they would make quick work..." He looked over at the shelf that once held the key he placed. 'Already on your way to the cafeteria?'

On the way over, and even now, he couldn't get the image of (Y/N) running away out of his mind. He leaves the classroom and begins speed walking to the cafeteria. 'If I didn't wait so long to follow after you, I would've been able to see you run around some more. Just like a skittish little rabbit.' He glides his knife along the walls as he walks, listening to the sound it made with a sadistic grin on his face. 'What a shame...'

(Back With (Y/N))

It wasn't much of a trip to the cafeteria, which was a relief. I could only hope it to be the same with the next key I hope to find here. I locked the cafeteria door behind me and as soon as I entered, I noticed immediately that the sink in the back of the room was covered in a suspicious splash of red. Given the current situation, you wouldn't need a genius to figure out what it was, and it certainly wasn't paint that reeked of iron.

When I got a closer look, there I saw a bloodied classroom key. After picking it up and wiping off the blood that covered the label, my gloves became more bloodstained than they were before, no longer the color they originally were as they were now dyed red. I was less focused on the key in my hands, and more on the hands themselves. They were so soaked with blood, and it's touching the skin of my hands. "Unbearable..." It was uncomfortable, the blood of a person touching me. I wanted to be sick. I took off the gloves and placed them in my bag. This would surely create a big mess inside, but I couldn't exactly leave behind evidence for when I do manage to get out of here. "Spare... I need the spare..."

I was distracted from my discomfort when I heard the shattering of glass. When I turn to look, I see Saiko looking at me through the now broken door window. "I knew I would find you here!" I didn't say anything and watched as he broke down the door of my only exit. "If only I came here first, then I could've caught you by surprised..." It may have been my imagination, but I swear he sounded a bit disappointed.