Teach me how to flirt, Twenty Three.

Start from the beginning

When she did cause them to lose millions of dollars, Zachariah remembers feelings his lungs being constricted, his legs weak and not capable of carrying him, and also his heart was just heavy. But all of this was because of how she betrayed him, broke his trust. But when the money was lost, he wasn’t as angry, disappointed, heartbroken, scared, guilty and regretful as his own father who spent years trying to overcome the trauma it caused him.

Maybe his father was not all about the money, but he sure acted like the millions he lost – that they owned their doubles- were the end of the world. But Zack was just a young teen at the time, and even though he thought he knew everything, he didn’t and still doesn’t know a lot.

Looking at the flying red locks of his girlfriend next to him as she tried to tame the naughty hair in place, a smirk lifted his lips upwards and he softly brushed her cheek and moved it to her shoulder. She looked at him and smiled before catching his eye and seizing to try to tame her hair in place.

She understood what he was trying to say.

“Well, my father is a cool man. You’ll find him acting like Santa Claus on Christmas Eve, so don’t think he is some lunatic. My mother is and will always stay a crazy kind woman who might adapt you guys, if only you didn’t have parents, and she makes the best-“Ronald said as the couple stood before the door.

Marlin interrupted him with wide excited eyes,” she has the ULTIMATE BEST APPLE PIES!”

Ella grinned, she loved apple pies.

Ronald chuckled,” yeah babe, and well, the last one you’ll meet is my brother.”

With his brother being mentioned into the conversation, Marlin tensed a bit and Zack noticed how Ronald’s hands fisted beside him and some red color peeked up his neck.

He decided not to ask anything that would expose sensitive family issues. But leave it to Ella to make you feel like a nosey scum bag.

“Wait, what about your brother? You guys got all silent with him mentioned. Did he date Marlin before you?” Ella joked and Marlin’s terrified eyes flew to Ella’s and shook her head quickly indicating that Ella should stop.

Ronald however, cleared his throat and chuckled shaking his head,” well, no he didn’t ‘date’ her But he screws the other sex.”

Ella smiled understandingly,” oh! So, he’s homosexual?”

Ronald bit his lips angrily and hit his thigh with his fists as if trying to control himself, Zack instinctively wrapped his arm around Ella’s waist and pulled her towards him in a protective engulf.

“Well, It’s the first time I hear a better word than Gay describing my brother.”

Ella grinned, obviously unaware of all the tension coming from Ronald’s part in the situation.

“let’s get going then,” Marlin expressed throwing a look to Zack who nodded understandingly and pressed on the little white button beside the door.

The couple waited for a moment before a woman, blonde hair like Ronald’s and striking green eyes, opened the door.

“Ron, Oh baby, I missed you!” she exclaimed happily grabbing her son into a motherly hug, Ronald laughed as well as the rest of the people standing with him.

In a second, a guy, Zack’s age or older, appeared behind her. Ella pushed on her toes and whispered teasingly in Zachariah’s ear,” If this is his brother, I wish he wasn’t gay so I would have him.”

Zack’s eyes turned stony and cold as they looked at her in a way telling her it wasn’t funny. Ella rolled her eyes and stepped out of his grasp before putting her hands out and catching Ronald’s brother’s hand.