"Moments where Everything Changes." (Chapter 7)

After the week, Marshall came back after his break on the Paw Patrol. All of the pups, including the shepherd are so happy.

"It's been a week since we didn't see you." The Mix-Breed stated. "Well, to be honest, it was a short break but that's ok, atleast I am back and ready to roll!" All the pups laughing, except for the Shepherd.

The cockapoo, laughing with the pups, look at Chase and notices he is pale. "Chase?" Chase came back in real life abd looked at Skye. "Are you ok? You have been pale for the week." Skye stated. Chase's felt a guilt inside of him, which is odd to Skye. She added. "Is there something going on in your head, Chase?" Chase just looks at Skye and then looks back at Marshall. Chase has been acting fishy now. Skye notices that the shepherd was always looking at the dally. Simple laughs, small grins. That's when the cockapoo realizes that the pup she has been with her all along, likes the pup who makes laughter.

Skye pulls Chase out of nowhere and they are all alone in the field. "Chase, is there something that you wanna tell me?" Chase just stammers. "I-I u-uhh.." Skye understands the shepherd. "You like Marshall- I mean, love, you love Marshall, do you?" The police pup froze to the cockapoo's question. Skye was just standing there, seeing the shepherd froze to her question, she felt heartbroken and yet, she decided to shrugged it off.

"Chase.." Skye holds Chase's paws. "..tell me the truth, do you love Marshall? Not as a brother, not as best friends, or something more." Chase sighed, not wanting to break Skye's heart. He answered. "I'm not so sure. My heart flutters butterflies to it. I had this weird feeling when I am around Marshall for the past days. I just simply ignored this feeling because I had feelings for you." Chase stated as the cockapoo just sits and listens to what Chase will say. "Not until we saw him again at the City Hall and also, we talked at the beach, we talked to each other as best buddies. Heck, we even argued and still loves me. I cannot even imagine as myself loving my best buddy." Added the Shepherd.

As they kept talking about how Chase loved Marshall, winds blow right passed to the two pup's furs. "Chase.. you should've told me about this. This would've happen between our relationship." Chase looked away at Skye, regretting the whole moment that he had. "I..didn't know, Skye.. I didn't know. I didn't know this feeling just until I talked to him again." Chase apologized to Skye as he shed tears. "Ch-Chase.." Skye felt bad to Chase, even though she was pretty upset to Chase for not telling, she was feeling a bit sad, by seeing her co-leader like that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The pups was just talking about Marshall that he came back to the team after a short break.
Not until Rubble notices Chase and Skye was not around them. "Hey, where are Chase and Skye?" "They were just here a few minutes ago." Added the Mix-Breed. Chase and Skye came back with their small smile to their faces. The dally didn't do anything, just looking away at them, knowing that they will gonna do some couple stuff.

"Hey, dudes! Where have you been?" The Lab asked the shepherd and the cockapoo.
"We.. uh—" Chase was interrupted by Skye.
"We were just talking about me and Chase going on a date." Skye lied. "Really? That's amazing!" The bulldog stated. And as expected, the dally became heartbroken, again. Why? Just why?! Furious Marshall said through his thought. He faked his yawned and pretended he is tired so that he can avoid the two.

"Guys, I'm just gonna take a nap."
"Sure, dude!" Zuma stated. Marshall just smiled and goes to his puphouse.

At the top of the lookout balcony, there's Ryder, watching all of his pups reunited as Marshall comes back to roll with the missions. But as always, he always looked at Marshall looking at the two pups who have been together for the week. This ain't gonna be easy for Marshall. Ryder sighed. Suddenly, his puppad rang, it was a call from Jake. He answered.

"Hey, Jake? What's up?"
"Them!" Jake pans his phone into the Turbots who are in the cliff.
"Woah, what happened? Are they ok?" Ryder asks Jake.
"I don't know actually, I was snowboarding here with Everest and I heard screaming help, so me and Eve rushed to where was that scream coming from, and we ended finding the two Turbots on the small cliff." Jake stated.
The cliff was starting to break, and it could fall off any minute.
"Hurry! That cliff won't hold long!"
"We're on it, Jake! No cliff is falling, no pup is too small!"
He ends the call with Jake and calls Robo Dog. "Robo Dog, bring the Air Patroller!" Then he calls his pups. "Paw Patrol, to the Air Patroller!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Paw Patrol, to the Air Patroller!"
"Ryder needs us!" The pups said in unison.
They ran to the Air Patroller but Marshall, didn't run so that he would avoid getting crashed to his fellow pups. The pups were suprised to see Marshall this kind of behaviour. "Dude!" The lab exclaimed.

The Air Patroller started to take off and the pups had their suits on. The six goes to their positions. "Paw Patrol, ready for Action, Ryder, Sir!" Chase said his always catchphrase.

Ryder explained the situation, and the pups gasps. "Woah, what are they doing at the Jake's Mountain?" "I don't know, but we are gonna save him. So for this mission I'll need.."

Ryder picked Chase, Marshall and Rocky, they take off and goes to where Jake & Everest is.
"Good thing, you're here, Ryder."
"And we are glad to be here!" Ryder said.
"Chase, get ready with your net, incase they fall."
A howl was heard a miles away, one pup recognizes that howl. All of them got terrified. "There's wolves here? Now great!" Ryder's tone a bit upset. "Let me have a look!" Not knowing who are these wolves are, the dally decided to fly up and sees the wolf. He immediately recognized the two wolves. The wolves who threw him out of the woods with blood scattered all over his body. Marshall's pupils went small as he flying down and crashed into the ground.

"Marshall, are you ok?" The boy asked.
"Th-them.." Marshall's voice was shaking.
A howl was heard again, this time, it gets closer.
"Them? Marshall, what do you mean?" The shepherd asks, worriedly.

The wolves are in the cliff, just above the Turbots. One of them starts speaking.
"My, my, there is gonna be a yummy dinner, tonight." The other wolf chuckled. "Yes, there is. I can already smell their flesh." He licked.

The two wolves named Stephen and Chris, two hunters who desperately needed food so they can survive.

Stephen looked down and recognizes one pup, wears a color suit, had rocket wings on. Their dinner will be even more delicious.
Stephen howled for 3 seconds and jumps down and suprises them, he was followed by his friend, Chris.

"Hello, there, human and pup beings." Stephen just growl.
"Wh-who are you two?" Ryder asks shakingly.
"We are hunters, looking for preys for food to survive." Stephen answered the boy's question.
Just then, the dally sprays the two wolves with his wing cannons.
"UGHH!" Chris and Stephen yelped.
"Stay away from them, you wolf freaks!" Marshall stands up to them.
"My, hello there, buddy. It's been a long time we didn't see each other." Chris stated.
"Yeah, after you and your friend decided to just throw me off to the woods!" Marshall was angry, remembering those moments where he lost consciousness. Chase, Rocky, Everest, Ryder and Jake was shocked to hear. Them? They were the ones threw Marshall out of the woods?
"Well, we were just gonna find you in the morning to eat you, but someone got you first!" Stephen stated.
"Your point being?" Marshall stated.
"Eating your flesh until bones are left!" Stephen added.
"Look, you scared my family away! Leaving me alone and you just make a scar to my stomach and throw me out on the woods?! Are you really that desperate to kill me!? Eating my flesh so you can survive!?" The place was now in silence. Stephen and Chris just howl and runs away, leaving them alone.

"They are the ones who threw you out on the woods?" Ryder asks.
Marshall sighed. "Yes, the ones who also makes my family run away, leaving me all alone."
M-Marshall, I.. the shepherd was worried about Marshall's safety after this mission. What if those wolves come back again to take Marshall with them.
"Now come on, pups, let's save the Turbots. Marshall, fly back to the Air Patroller, I think Chase and Rocky will save them." Marshall just nods and flew back to the Air Patroller.

If I knew, those wolves will come back to get me. Guess knew death was an option. Marshall thought as he flew to the Air Patroller.