Travis

I sat down on one of the many empty beds in the Poseidon cabin. In the room with me were Katie, Connor, Percy, Annabeth, Jason, and Piper. I was prepared for anything except for what happened. My brother smirked at me and spoke. "Travis, truth or dare?"
"Dare, duh." He motioned for me to come to him and I was too lazy so I just leaned over Katie who turned bright red. Connor whispered into my ear what he wanted me to do and I flinched. I pulled back and shook my head to clear it as this was the only way I could accomplish this task. You could hear the smirk in Connor's voice. "You can back out bro."
"No way am I backing out." I looked at Katie and nudged her with my arm. She turned to face me and I could see how freaked out she was. I got down on one knee and I heard Percy whooping in the background as I spoke to Katie. "Katie Kathleen Gardener."
"Travis?"
"Will you make me the happiest man on earth and allow me the honor of killing that giant spider?" Annabeth and Jason screamed and moved away from where I was pointing. It was a little baby spider sitting in the middle of the cabin floor. I waited while Katie quickly recovered. She looked at me and then at Connor. Shaking her head she stood and walked over to the spider. Coaxing it onto her finger, she stood and put it on the wall outside. I was so happy that she had rejected me because if she had said yes, I would have had to ask her out. That's the kind of high stakes truth or dare that us Stolls like to play. It was my turn and I looked around the room and my eyes landed on Jason. "Jason. Truth or dare?"
"Umm truth"
"Wimp"
"Hey!"
"Is for horses!" I received a look. "Fine. Did the stapler taste good?" He turned bright red and everyone burst out laughing. Success! Katie was shaking her head as Connor gave me a high five. "I was two!" Jason protested. "I can't exactly remember what it tasted like but I know I sure didn't like it."
"I bet it tasted fantastic! Do want to try it again?" A fresh round of laughter came from everyone except Jason who looked like he could have made steam come out of his ears. As soon as the laughter died down, Jason tapped Piper on the shoulder. She turned to face him. "Dare."
"But I didn't even ask!" He complained.
"Okay, then ask."
"Fine. Truth or dare?"
"Dare."
"I dare you to let me leave this stupid game." Piper rolled her eyes and let out a puff of air. "You can leave but that doesn't mean I'm coming with you."
"I just don't want to participate." She sighed again before punching his shoulder lightly and resting her head there. He leaned his head on hers and his glasses slid down his nose a little. "Alrighty, who is the next victim?" I joked. Piper pointed to Katie who turned a little white. "Truth or dare Katie?"
"Uh...dare?"
"Come over here." Katie got up nervously and Piper whispered in her ear. She blushed and nodded before walking back to her spot and sitting down. She seemed so antsy that I was tempted to put my arm around her and ask her what was wrong but I resisted. She was turning so pale I was afraid she was going to faint. Piper raised an eyebrow at her and Katie winced. "Can I do it later?" She was practically begging. "Only if you do a truth right now." Katie gulped but she nodded. I saw how nervous she was so I decided to take a bullet for her. "Hey Piper."
"Yes?"
"How about you get a crack at humiliating me instead?" Piper looked a little taken aback but she nodded and then gave Katie a look that said See, I was right. Then her eyes flicked back to me. "Okay Travis, truth or dare?"
"Dare, duh." She motioned for me to come over to her as she did with Katie. She had me lean down and whispered telling me what to do. "I dare you to only call Katie pet names for two months." I blinked at the request but nodded my head and trotted back to my seat. Katie looked absolutely relieved but she was still a little pale from before and seemed to be a little scared that I might do something to her. "Thank you so much Travis. You have no clue how much gratitude I have right now." Crap. I had to think of a pet name. I scoured my mind and came up with the best name ever. "No problem Kit Kat." She gave me an odd look that I couldn't quite decipher. "Go ahead. It's your turn."
"Umm Percy."
"Yes?"
"Truth or dare?"
"Dare"
"I dare you to get one of those washable tattoos on your cheek and you can't wash it off. It has to fade by itself."
"That's nothing."
"I'm not done. It has to be of a spider."
"Oh"
"I'm pretty sure Travis has one"
"Indeed I do. It's just in one of my many pockets." I found my spider themed pocket in my cargo shorts and proceeded to pull out a rubber spider, fake cobweb spray, a tiny wind up spider, and I finally found my spider washable tattoos. Percy took it and I chuckled as Annabeth stared in fright at the spider stuff on the bed next to me. He went into the bathroom and put it on. When he came back out, Annabeth had to sit on the other side of him and even then she kept giving him cautious glances as if she was afraid that the spider would come crawling off of his face. Percy actually accepted the fact that his girlfriend was scared of him and had a little fun with it. "Annabeth. Truth or dare?"
"Dare"
"I dare you to give me a kiss. Right here." He tapped the cheek with the tattoo on it. Annabeth shook her head. "And Wise Girl? If you back out, you get to do my chores this week."
"Fine Seaweed Brain." She shut her eyes tight and gave him his kiss. When she opened her eyes it was obvious that she wanted revenge for what he made her do. She looked around the room and gave Katie a venomous look but decided on Connor. "Connor, truth or dare?"
"Dare"
"I dare you to upset the tree nymphs. Back out and it's six truths, one question per person." Connor looked at me with teasing in his eyes. "Travis? Are you gonna rescue me from this or do you only save your girlfriend?"
I glared at him before spitting back at him. "Kit Kat is not my girlfriend. She's a friend that's a girl but I guess you would qualify for that except for maybe the friend part."
Percy winced. "Dude, ouch!"
Connor looked like I had kicked him and walked out of the cabin with his head down in defeat. Katie looked at me inquisitively but I merely shrugged. We made small talk as we waited for Connor but he never came back even an hour later. I took Katie with me to go see if the nymphs had him hogtied or something. We went to the forest and found him duct taped to Zeus' fist. And by duct taped I mean duct taped. The nymphs had wound him all around except for the eyes so that he now looked like a mummy. I had a laughing fit and then untaped him. He was screaming so loud that it literally scared a flock of birds out of the trees. By the time we were done, he looked like he had gotten sunburn. We helped him to the infirmary and let one of the Apollo kids take over. I went to go back to the Poseidon cabin but Katie stopped me and dragged me back to Zeus' Fist claiming that we had to get all of the duct tape so that we weren't littering. "Hey Kit Kat?"
"Yes?"
"What was the dare that Piper gave you?" She started turning pale again and I made her sit down next to me. "It's perfectly fine. You don't have to tell me."
She took in a ragged breath. "I have to at some point and it might as well be now."
"If you want I can cover for you and say that you said what you were supposed to."
"That won't work."
"You sure? Cause I can-"
"Travis! You're making this harder than it already is!"
"Okay."
"So what I'm supposed to say is that everything I am about to tell you is true, and it is."
"Alrighty then"
"And don't be angry or upset or weirded out. I don't want anything I say to hurt our friendship."
"Kit Kat, anything you say couldn't possibly make me not want to be your friend anymore. Even if you killed someone, I would help you destroy the evidence and hide the body." She let out a strangled chuckle and it was only then that I realized she was crying. Gods almighty! Whatever Piper was making her say had to have been awfully emotionally stressing. I would get my revenge later. I really wanted to give Katie a hug and pet her head and tell her everything was going to be fine. "Promise not to hate me?"
"I swear on the River Styx to not hate you for what you're about to say." I have never meant it more in my life.
"Here goes." She sniffled a little bit. "So what Piper is making me do is confess my feelings. I...I-I love you Travis and not in the friend love way. The other kind." She had tears streaming down her face and at that time I didn't restrain myself. I wrapped my arms around her and let her bury her face in my shoulder. I whispered in her ear, "I love you too my flower." She lifted her head and looked into my eyes. I brushed away a tear and leaned down touching my nose to hers. She closed her beautiful forest green eyes and tilted her chin up. My eyes fluttered shut as our lips met. She pulled away after what seemed like seconds but was most likely minutes. Her eyes were still damp from crying and she was trembling. I pulled her into me and never wanted to let go. Eventually I had to because my brother slapped me and I woke up.