Chapter 24 : The details determine everything, Lisa

Начните с самого начала

Lisa was stunned.

He did not call her "Ms Lalisa" or "Lalisa", but "Lisa".

And totally unexpectedly, when he spoke her name, she saw the tip of his tongue raise slightly, like it was gliding along her emotions, she suddenly had the illusion her being pampered by him.

Lisa swallowed her saliva, breathed in, and sat down.

"When tasting food, there needs to be the appropriate mood. Do you remember when you ate candied haw you told me, that it was the taste of having a crush?"

Lisa was stunned, she did not think that Jungkook would remember something she'd said to him on a whim.

"And this soup, was made to open the hearts of the customers, it is the beginning of them tasting good food. It determines the mood of the customer. When the customer is in a good mood, their sense of taste will be more detailed, and be able to taste every seemingly insignificant but deliberate moment that the maker put into the dish."

When the Jungkook in front of her used the calmest tone of voice to tell her everything, Lisa was very surprised.

He could have frowned due to her touching him without permission, asked her to comply with the rules that he had set, he never seemed to be bothered by her emotions, but at this moment, he seemed like a gentle elderly, accommodating all her impatience.

"Sorry."

"Taste again."

Lisa took a breath, lifted the spoon, and sent the soup into her mouth, the warm liquid flowed past the tip of her tongue, almonds, cabbage, mint, parsley, and the lastly the fresh sweet and sourness of the mysterious fruit.

Lisa cocked her head, trying to make the taste stay at the tip of her tongue for a longer time, she desperately tried to hold onto the feeling, but it was like the breeze passing through branches, disappearing in a blink of an eye. So she drank mouth after mouth, chasing after that subtle sweet and sourness in her mind.

"It's cherries, right?"

Lisa lifted her eyes to look at the other party's direction.

After drinking the eighth bowl of soup, it was the first time she was anticipating Jungkook's definite answer.

"Right."

Lisa closed her eyes and exhaled.

She was way too amazing! She could actually figure out the flavour of cherries!

This is totally the skills of a god!

"This is my first lesson to you —— taste deconstructing. When you are able to differentiate the ingredients in every dish in detail, and the needed preparation and dealing of the ingredients to achieve a certain taste, will you be able to not only reproduce other chef's signature dishes, but also be able to make the taste in your mind a reality."

Jungkook's voice was very calm, like Lisa being able to figure the taste of cherries was the natural thing.

Lisa lowered her head to look at the soup in front of her, it was that same old soup, but the world that that she was familiar with was currently going in the opposite of what she knew.

It was a premonition: everything was going to be more detailed and subtle than ever before.

Jungkook slowly stood up, and left the dining table, "We can go back now."

Lisa looked at the table then she looked at Jungkook, did the other party forget something?

She was unlike him, apart from the soup, he also had eaten the appetiser and the main dish!