Chapter 3: Trouble

Start from the beginning

I cleared my throat "I might have given him my gun without checking" I said. 'but hey look nothing happened to you. The bullet just grazed your leg. You're totally fine" I added quickly.

"FINE? FINE? HOW AM I FINE? WHAT IF THEY SHOT ME ON MY HEAD OR MY CHEST. YOUR BROTHER WOULD HAVE DIED".

I just blinked at him "And?"

He gaped at me placing a hand on his chest signing dramatically "you hurt my feelings brother. I'm going to complain about you to my imaginary grandkids"

"Relax. Look I'm sorry."

This time he smirked and I knew whatever he is going to say won't be something i like.

"Beg" he said.

Next thing you know a shoe landed on his face.

I think you already know who that shoe belongs too

"I just said I'm sorry now forget about it" I said. I'm not good at apologies but let's just say my family is an exception.

"Come, I'll treat your wound" said Bella, my sister. She is my elder sister. She lives here with her two kids. Her husband left her saying he has nothing to do with her and her kids. Of course it was very suspicious of why did he leave so suddenly so we did a lot more digging on his life than we did before and found out that he already had a family, a wife and a daughter.I killed that dude later and told his family that he has been cheating and ruining both the lives. Of course she and her daughter who was only 12,were devasted. I gave her everything to start a new life of her. Her parents supported her and now I have heard that she has found someone who loves her and her daughter deeply. I am happy for her.

I just hope my sister finds that someone too

Signing I was about to go back to my room when my phone dinged indicating a notification.I took it out just to see a message by my best friend Matteo, also my second in command.

MATTEO: Capo! We had some trouble in the main office. Please come ASAP!

ME: On my way!

I was about to run to my car when mom stopped me "Where are you going son?

"Main office, Matt says there's some trouble"

"What about Lunch?"

"Mom I promise I'll eat, now can I go"

I can see mom hesitating. She cares way too much for everybody. If you're late for eating your meal by even 5 minutes. She'll drag you all the way from your room to the dining hall just so you can eat. We all are grown up men but infront of her- absolutely not.
She treats everyone like babies.

Before she could protest. Dad interrupted "Let him go Alina. He is grown man and can take care of himself".

Only dad can clearly understand me about my job. He was the ex-capo and he knows how we cant miss the slightest clue.

"Alright you can go but be back before Dinner or else i- "

"Or else you'll drag me from my office to home by my ear" I interrupted. "Got it" I added.

"Hmm good dog!" She patted my head.

Dog!? I just slightly gaped at her. Only my family can insult me and get away with it.

Well not Austin, because if he says such a thing than I'm just going to dump him in the garbage disposal

Dad just chuckled at mom's behaviour. After all these years of marriage. Their love hasn't decreased slightly, infact it keeps on growing everyday.

I hope to find someone like that

The love of my life!

Snapping out of the love thing. I immediately grab my shoe and get out of the house. Since I am in a hurry I just randomly sit in any car and head off to the office. It's my mafia's main office.

The 20 minutes drive takes only 7 minutes due to my speed. I immediately get out of the car and go inside. Everybody stops doing what they were doing and slightly bow down to homour me. Their boss.

Heading inside my cabin, I see Matteo standing looking completely drained and tensed. I already know whatever this new is, is bad.

"Capo" he greets.

"Speak!" I demanded coldly.

"Si- Sir, 26 of our warehouses, both in Italy and America has been blown up"

What the heck!

"That means more then 1000's or our men had been killed"

More than 1000's is a way too much. We are way too much lacking behind. "Do you know who did it?" I asked.

"No- No capo! We saw the CCTV footage but didn't see anything. looks like someone must have came by looking like one of our men, placed the bomb and then while leaving they must blown it up!"

This is ridiculous we don't even have any enemies right now who could have done that.

I went and sat down at my chair of my desk, my office here was large but comfortable. I place my head in my hands and my hands on the desk. Signing I asked Matteo "Matteo do any other mafia know about this?"

"The explosion happened not too long ago so I think so No" he replied.

"You think? Matteo you know if any other mafia finds out that we are lacking behind in men. The might attack us."

He stayed silent knowing I'm right.
"Ok now listen to me carefully, make sure all the men who died have an honourable funeral. Give my consolidations to all the families who lost their loved ones and make sure you give them everything they need to start a new life"

"Got it capo!" He said.

"Good, now you may go, you're dismissed!" I said.

He left my office and I was left alone.

Time for overthinking

My blood felt relieved looking at his warehouse exploding

You have no idea what you have got yourself into Llyod.

I will ruin your life for what you and your excuse of a Father did

☘️☘️☘️

Well how was it?

Make sure to vote and comment.

See yea🤍

WORD COUNT: 1457