There was a sweet shop very close to the hostel. Pavitr mentioned before that it was his favourite sweet shop and he often bought sweets from here.

     He seemed way more excited about this than I was. I had to jog a little to catch up to him. By the time I got into the shop, he was already picking out some sweets.

     When he saw me, he gave me a wave, gesturing to come over to him. I walked over to him as I shook my head a little, a smile still plastered on my face at how silly he is.

     "I got us two of the sweet mix box. It includes most of the sweets here on display! This is also the perfect chance for you to try some Indian sweets!" He told me when I walked over to him. 

     The woman behind the counter was taking sweets out of the trays there on display. There was a assortment of sweets, and the woman was taking one from almost all the different types of sweet they had. 

     We both stood and waited patiently as she picked them out and put them in a small thin cardboard box. She packed them up and passed both boxes to us. I grabbed the sweet boxes as Pavitr dug into his pocket to pay her. 

    After he did, he grabbed one of the boxes from my hands with a grin. As we strolled out of the shop, he gave me a nudge. 

    "That box is for us." He said nodding to the box in my hand. We were outside the shop now and instead of heading towards the hostel, Pavitr had started walking in the other direction. I followed him. 

    "Where are you going?" I asked him as I caught up to him. 

    Instead of answering my question, he stopped the first person he saw and opened the box for them. I furrowed my eyebrows at his actions. The person didn't seem confused or anything, they seemed happy. 

     "What's the occasion?" They asked. 

     "She got a job!" He exclaimed, pointing at me. I stiffened on the spot, and gave them a nervous wave. 

     They took a sweet with a polite smile, and as they walked past me, they gave me a small 'congrats'. I just nodded at them with another polite smile, still confused with what just happened.

      "What are you giving away the sweets for?" I asked him.

     "Oh! It's Indian tradition. We give out sweets when we get good news. I'm not sure what the meaning is behind it. But I suppose it's just to spread the same happiness we feel!" He explained cheerfully, still full of energy and excitement. 

     I hummed in acknowledgment. That's such a nice culture touch, to share your happiness and achievement to others through sweets, even if they're strangers.

     Pavitr continued to give out the box of sweets he had. Every time someone asked what the sweets were for he'd look back at me with a smile and tell them that I succeeded in getting a job. 

     He was nearly finished with the box, and stumbled upon a mother and her two kids. The kids were happy with the sweets, so Pavitr ended up giving them the rest of the box. When the mother asked what it was for, Pavitr told her to take is was because I had got a job, and looked back at me with a smile.

     As he smiled back at me I felt my heart race. Not only that, but my whole chest felt like I was floating. I felt the tips of my ears heat up. I cover my mouth and my eyes widen a little at the realization of what this was.

     I was starting to fall for him.

✦❘༻♡♡♡༺❘✦