# 𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗈𝗇𝖾

ALANNAH FISHER, crossed her legs over each other. As she opened her sketchbook with a sigh, today was the day she was gonna see Steven again.

She let her hair fall down, as her pencil traced the line she was drawing of a dolphin. As she added different, symbols onto the page. Giving her page more life, as she felt arms wrap around her.

Lana broke out into a wide smile, as she was engulfed into a hug by Katie. Adeline and Mitch taking a place next to to blonde girl, as the brunette peeked over her arm. "What you drawing?"

The redhaired, scooted in between her two friends. As she leaned into Alannah's shoulder, Adeline groaned out loud. "Your still, drawing the dolphin from last week?"

The four friends went together last week, when she just had arrived last week in North Carolina with her family. They were going out, visiting the aquarium. To Lana's joy because she was finally in Cousins.

Alannah nodded, "I am." As her blue eyes gazed back at her sketchbook. "It takes time, Addie. I need to draw him perfect, the way it moved was beautiful." Adeline rose her brows at the paper, her blue eyes narrowed.

"How do you know it's a him?" She asked.

Mitch snorted, causing Lana to nudge him with her elbow a little too hard. The brunette grunted, as he gaped at her.

She turned her gaze towards her blonde friend, "I know it, because I can feel it and the way he moved no way it was a woman."

Alannah glared back at Mitchel, as he burst out laughing. "Yeah right, you see a fish move that way and it's instantly a woman. "

The redhaired girl, went through Lana's other sketchbook. Them, Steven, Susannah, Conrad and Jeremiah, Belly and Laurel. Steven, Steven, Steven, Steven and Steven. There's a lot of Steven. "Oh for the love of people, there's only Steven, are you obsessed? You broke up with him riiight? You did though? Lana.."

The blonde girl rolled her eyes, "That was when we were still together, I'm not gonna deny. Steven is a beautiful human being of course I draw him. I draw you guys, too." As she showed them pages of themselves and together. Before closing her book, placing it in her lap.

Katerina narrowed her eyes, "That's way different, we're your friends. He is— well let's just say, Steven."

"Oh, shut up, Kat!" Mitch said, ruffling Lana's hair, as she smacked away his hand multiple times. "Your gonna get in the girl's feelings."

"And we wouldn't want that!" Mitch said slowly rubbing his now red hand. Alannah's eyes softened, "Are you okay? I didn't mean to hurt you." As she checked his hand her thumb stroking the back of the boy's hand.

Mitchell pinched her chin, "Oh what a sweetheart! Of course, I'm okay. What you think I can't handle a slap from a girl?" Raising his brow at her, as amusement filled his eyes.

Lana laughed, her blue eyes sparkling as her nose crunched, dimming down. Her lips still formed in a smile, as she squeezed his hand.

The four just sat there, in a comfortable silence like everything was good when they were together, no worries, just them. Enjoying each other's company.

Lana's eyes wandered over the beautiful sea, she was no doubt in love with the sea. Their peaceful moment got interrupt, when they heard foot steps near the deck.

"Jeremiah, leave us alone!" Kat called the boy out, turning around when her face fell. Lana frowned, as she turned around as well.

And it wasn't Jeremiah, Lana's eyes dropped as her blue eyes met his brown ones. A small smile across his lips, "Steven?"

"Already." Adeline mumbled, earning a glare from Katie. Adeline just shrugged, playing with her friend's red hair.

But Steven's smile faded as his eyes landed on two intertwined fingers, of the fond friends? Last time he checked, they were best friends, would she forget him this fast to be with Mitch.

Lana's eyes followed his gaze, landing on her holding Mitch's hand giving off the wrong impression. "It's not what it looks—"

Not being able to finish her sentence, Steven rushed away from the girl as his eyes flashed with hurt. Cursing in his head, as to why he was so bothered and still had feelings left.

STEVEN HAD JUST, arrived with his family as his gaze was filled with worry looking around for his blonde ex girl friend. What if she despised him. "What's up man?" Jeremiah asked noticing his expression.

Steven scratched the back of his neck, his cheek turning in a tint of pink. "Do you know where, Lana is maybe?"

Jere nodded, "Oh yeah, she's at the deck, here friends were coming over. Just so you know."

Giving Steven heads up, the dark haired boy nodded patting his chest. "Thanks man." The Conklin, started to walk away. "You know I can get her." Jere told him.

Steven shook his head, "It's cool, bro."

Jeremiah shrugged as he got engulfed in a hug by Laurel. Steven turned away, making his way over to the deck. As he noticed her long blonde hair, as the wind flowed through it. A smile made its way over to his face as he watched her.

Steven walked towards them, noticing Lana being awfully close to Mitchell. Steven didn't think any of it, as he stood behind them.

"Jeremiah, leave us alone!" Katerina yelled at him, Steven chuckled. Kat turned her face as she took Steven in. She gulped, her expression full of shock.

Alannah noticed, turning in his direction her eyes falling. Steven swallowed, as he took her in. Still those beautiful blue eyes, her blonde being much longer than first. Her thick dark lashes around her sparkling eyes, blue crop top matching her eyes with white shorts.

"Steven?"

The boy send her a small smile, after taking in her appearance. She was about to return the smile when his whole expression turned sore.

Steven's eyes were set on two hands being intertwined together and it wasn't with her girl friends it was with Mitchell. And the two always were a different kind of close, were her feeling for him absolutely gone?

Lana's eyes followed his gaze, landing on her holding Mitch's hand giving off the wrong impression. "It's not what it looks—"

Not being able to finish her sentence, Steven rushed away from the girl as his eyes flashed with hurt. Cursing in his head, as to why he was so bothered and still had feelings left.

Steven shook his head, he didn't want to feel disturbed about it or even jealous. As he tried to walk fast away. The blonde, lifted herself from the deck following after him. "Steven!"

author's note,

first chapter!
𝗐𝗁𝖺𝗍 𝖽𝗈 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗇𝗄?
𝖽𝗈𝗇'𝗍 𝖿𝗈𝗋𝗀𝖾𝗍 𝗍𝗈 𝗏𝗈𝗍𝖾, 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖼𝗈𝗆𝗆𝖾𝗇𝗍!!