Chapter Four; Practically Part of the Family

Comincia dall'inizio

"So, as I was saying, why do you lot think it's so weird for me to have a friend?" I repeated, narrowing my eyes at everyone around the table. Blake sucked in a breath, peering over at his mother, and Kai shrugged, pulling apart a biscuit.

"Gee. You know, I don't know. Maybe because nobody likes you?" Kai offered, shooting me a smile. David snickered and elbowed Kai in the arm. Kai returned his smirk and I scowled at the both of them before Kai turned back to me, shoving the biscuit into his mouth. "Who was it anyway? Anyone I know?"

I sent him a sickly sweet grin. "Very well actually."

He raised an eyebrow, clearly not understanding what I meant, but Blake's eyes snapped to me and he narrowed his eyes at me. Not angrily but more curiously.

"Who?" Kai asked, leaning forward. David glanced up from his news paper. I grabbed a biscuit and began to pull it apart, shrugging again.

"Don't worry about it."

"Hey-," Kai started, glaring at me but Blake stopped him, shooting him a look.

"Kai," Blake said sternly, making Kai glance up. Blake jerked his chin to the stairs. "You should probably take a shower, shouldn't you? We're heading out soon."

"What? I thought we were just going to chill here-,"

"We can hang out at your house," Blake interrupted once again, turning his stormy eyes back to me. "I want to see Violet and Ella anyway."

Kai paused, looking between us, but eventually sighed and nodded before standing up, and muttering something about how 'fun it is when all of his women get together'. David chuckled but Blake scowled, taking a swing at Kai as he walked by. Kai grinned playfully and leaned over Blake's chair, giving him a quick peck on the cheek, tousling his hair as he passed. I tensed.

"You know I'm just playing, sweets," Kai purred, giving Blake a half hug. Blake merely waved his hand at Kai, still pretending to be mad but he and I knew better. Blake was blushing up to his ears. I saw Kai smiling thoughtfully down at Blake as he pulled away, but not after giving him another kiss on his temple. It made my stomach churn and I forced myself to look away. As Kai was climbing the stairs, Blake's voice tore me back to him.

"Liam," He said sternly, his eyes locking with mine. "Come talk to me for a minute."

I squirmed in my chair and glanced between Mindy and David, looking for anything, anything from anyone, who could somehow get me out of this. The two exchanged looks of their own and made it painfully obvious that they were trying to look anywhere other than at me. I drummed my fingers on the table top, humming. "I'm actually pretty comfortable here, love, but maybe in a little bit-,"

"You can either come now by choice," Blake started slowly, standing up and cracking his neck. "Or I can drag you out of the chair and pull you to the living room myself. Your choice."

"Always so classy, aren't we, Blakey?" I muttered under my breath, rising out of my chair. I threw up my hands in surrender as Blake walked past me, eyeing me as he did so. I gave him a twitching smile before speaking up, "Of course! I always enjoy our little chats, babe."

Mindy sent me a sympathetic look and David smirked, turning the page of his news paper. I followed Blake to the living room, taking a seat on the couch that he gestured to me, allowing him to stand in front of me. He crossed his arms over his muscled chest and tilted his head.

"You were with West all night?"

Straight to the point, as always. I smiled up at him, giving a heave of my shoulders. "I might have been. But, please, don't be jealous, love. You're still first in my heart."