𝐱𝐱𝐯. 𝐢 𝐚𝐢𝐧'𝐭 𝐝𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠

❛ SURVIVOR'S HEART !
chapter twenty-five ―― i ain't dying

❛ SURVIVOR'S HEART ! ❜chapter twenty-five ―― i ain't dying

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ "YOU SHOULD BE RESTING

ˏˋ°•*⁀"YOU SHOULD BE RESTING." Shane told his sister as she picked up a large rock, helping the others load up a wheelbarrow for the memorial they were gonna have for Otis – he hadn't made it back with Shane after their run for medical supplies.

"I'm fine." Her arm was in a makeshift sling that Hershel had made using a pillow case – he simply knotted it over her shoulder. "Stop worrying so much."

"You're gonna hurt yourself." He put his hands on his hips as he watched her bend down and roll a rock onto the toe of her boot so she could get her hand under it, then she stood up and made her way over to the wheelbarrow and dropped it in. Shane shook his head, he knew it was pointless to argue, but he thought he'd try anyway.

"He's just worried about you." Mason told the brunette as she bent down for another rock and he squatted down next to her. "You were just shot, Charlie. You don't need to be out here."

"These people saved Carl, the least I can do is pick up a few rocks." She huffed as she stood up, a rock balanced in her hand as she made her way towards the wheelbarrow – getting a smile from the small blonde as she passed her. Just as the rock hit the metal the rumble of a familiar motorcycle echoed and everyone stopped to see Daryl on his motorcycle leading a silver car, Carol's Cherokee, and the rv up the driveway. A smile pulled at Charlie's lips, Mason had told her that everyone was okay but seeing the cars making their way up to the house made her feel that much better.

Charlie wiped her hand on her jeans as she followed the other's up the house to meet the rest of their group, she stopped next to Mason by the porch as T-Dog made his way down the steps with Rick, Lori, Hershel and Patricia. Daryl cut off the motorcycle before climbing off, his eyes briefly meeting Charlie's before he looked over at Rick. The others climbed out of the cars, Josh slid out of the yellow Cherokee and smiled a little when he saw Charlie on her feet.

"How are they?" Dale asked.

"Carl's gonna pull through." Lori told him. "And Charlie's just fine." She pointed at the girl who smiled a little as she wrapped her arm around Josh's shoulders. "All thanks to Hershel and his people."