27. Crowned

(Please listen to the song at the top while reading, or just whenever! After watching I Will Be Your Bloom, I fell in love with 8LOOM, and their music! I thought this song was cute and fit the chapter so I added it in <33 you'll thank me later, i promise ;)

The day had finally come. Today, Beomgyu would be crowned King, with Yeonjun too as well. The two of them would end today, ruling their Kingdom together. Just the thought of it made Beomgyu smile, as he wiped his eyes and yawned. 

He had woken up early, to analyze and help the preparations for the coronation. As of now, Yeonjun still didn't live with him. Beomgyu's Father had specifically said he would let Yeonjun stay, after Beomgyu was crowned King. That meant, Yeonjun would also be moving in today! Unless, he chose not to...Beomgyu hoped that wasn't the case.

"Prince, your needed for last-minute measurements in the dressing room. Sir Yeonjun will be arriving soon, to also observe and get fitted." Beomgyu nodded towards Hueningkai, showing off a small smile. "Thanks Kai, for being on my side. Even if you didn't speak out, I'm still grateful."

"My pleasure Prince. I hope in the future I can learn to be more casual with you. Now off you go, I was told it was urgent." Beomgyu quickly patted Hueningkai on the shoulder before rushing up the stairs. Just fast enough, that he was confident he wouldn't trip. It still felt unreal to him, that he was getting married, and being crowned King, with the person he truly loved. Criminal, or not.

"Prince, if you could just stand right here. I'll measure your waist, and arms." The dressing room looked way more grand then usual. There was so much people, walking around everywhere! It was like a party in itself, but really they were all here to work. There was even a little snack bar in the corner for people to eat while working. 

While getting his arms measured, having to stretch his arms out to the side, there was a slight knock on the door. "Come in!" In came Yeonjun, still looking very much tired. "Ah, Yeonjun-ssi! If you could please stand right here. I'm just going to measure a few parts of your body." Yeonjun silently obliged, letting out a big yawn, until he looked to the side, and noticed Beomgyu looking at him. He immediately stopped yawning and looked away, too embarrassed to look Beomgyu in the eyes.

Beomgyu was laughing at Yeonjun, clearly amused by his tiredness in the morning. "Okay Prince, you're finished now." Beomgyu smiled at the seamstress, "Thank you," before leaving the room. Except he didn't just walk away, he started waiting outside for Yeonjun. Until Yeonjun was done, Beomgyu would stand outside the door waiting for him.

When he heard footsteps behind the door, Beomgyu positioned himself right in front of it so he could scare Yeonjun. When the door opened, he yelled, "AH-" a hand had reached his mouth, blocking the shout from coming out. "Not funny, you're not slick, Beomgyu." 

"Oh, come on! How'd you know? I made sure to be extra quiet!"

"I guess your definition of extra quiet is different then mines then."

Beomgyu crossed his arms and looked away. He was clearly pouting, trying to get a reaction out of Yeonjun. "Beomgyu, I'm the master of poker face. I've been friends with Wooyoung since Middle School."

"Fine. But, are you sure you're okay? You seem too tired on a very important day for the two of us. We are getting married today, aren't we?" 

"I'm sorry, it's just that I woke up to guards on either side of me. I'm traumatized now, but I will try to be more happier from now on, since I AM marrying the love of my life." At that, Yeonjun pulled Beomgyu into a tight hug, lifting him up and spinning around.

Beomgyu just laughed in his shoulder, and hugged back. It felt like a dream, finally getting what he had wanted, for the first time in 18 years. Beomgyu had never experienced this amount of freedom ever, which was funny because he would be getting a lot more then just freedom today.