23. Mess

"Prisoner Yeonjun, Choi, you have a visitor." Yeonjun awoke to a security guard banging on his cell. Who would visit him, he hadn't had any visitors for the few days that he'd been admitted here. Quickly dusting off his pants, Yeonjun got up from his bed and followed the security guard out of the cell. The prison he was in, had two visiting times. One in the early morning (6-8:00 AM), and one after lunchtime (2-4:00 PM). I guess whoever was visiting him chose to be an early bird today.

"How long do I have with the visitor?" "Listen, kid. I'm not supposed to tell you, but I was informed that it's someone with higher authority, it's up to them to tell us when the time is up." "What?" Yeonjun had no idea what the security guard was talking about, someone with higher authority then themselves? Who could that be?

The door looked awfully menacing, and Yeonjun didn't know if he should hesitate to open it. I mean, the security guard was waiting right behind him, and chances are, the person inside was also waiting for him. Yeonjun took his chances and opened the door.

"Wha-" As soon as Yeonjun opened the door, he was met with two buff guards. They looked familiar, but Yeonjun couldn't pinpoint from where. There was, of course, someone sitting behind them, but the gaurds were too big for Yeonjun to see the person behind. "Greet the King." Moving to either side, the guards revealed the King behind them. Yeonjun could barely close his mouth from shock, as he lowered his head down and looked at the ground. "Your Highness." 

"Come sit down, Choi Yeonjun. I have a lot to talk to you about." 

*~*~*

"Oh my gosh, Beomgyu! That's like something straight out of a fairytale, now all you need to do is go break him out of jail and run away!" "Yuna, are you hearing yourself right now? Beomgyu is so miserable, because he can't do exactly that! How would that work anywhere but in your dreams?" Yuna crossed her arms and looked away from her sister, "Hmph."

"As much as I would love to do that, Yuna. I really can't. My dad has upped all security on me!" "Speaking of your dad, Beomgyu. Are you sure he's still here?" Beomgyu looked at Ryujin skeptically, what was she talking about? She was standing next to the window, looking out of it. "What do you mean, Ryujin?" "I mean, I think I just saw your dad leave the castle without you." "What!"

"Now that's what you call, crazy day!-" "Yuna, not the time! But I agree, it seems too crazy for your dad to leave without you...unless-" "Unless he's sneakily trying to hide something from you and doing something!" "That was what I was going to say, but thank you Yuna, for cutting me off!"

"I think we should stop with the arguing now! What would my dad be planning to do, huh? It's not like I'm hiding anything from him-" "Oh my gosh, Beomgyu! That's it! You're not hiding anything from him, but Choi Yeonjun is!"

"Oh no, please don't tell me he's doing what I think he's doing!"

"That's EXACTLY what he's doing, Beomgyu!"

*~*~*

"I don't have time to chat. What's your relationship with my son?" The King had his hands clamped together on the table, and he was expressionless as he stared deadly at Yeonjun. The latter had his hands under the table, playing with his fingers and looking down. This was the most intimidating moment of his life, by far. 

Yeonjun cleared his throat, and tried not to sound nervous as he spoke, "The prince and I had no relationship with each other. I met him in the village unexpectedly." I mean, it wasn't fully a lie. He DID meet Beomgyu unexpectedly, but they were also definitely more then friends. 

All in one moment, the King slammed his hands on the table and looked at Yeonjun angrily. Yeonjun jumped, clearly startled by the sudden outburst. "LIES! My son clearly had some type of relationship with you, don't play with me, Choi Yeonjun." 

"I-I-" At that moment, the private room door opened, very fast and roughly. "Father, please, don't do this!" 'Beomgyu? Beomgyu!' He was visibly tired, and sweaty. Behind him, Yeonjun could see the simple outlines of two girls. They were wearing big gowns, and seemed worried as they stayed behind Beomgyu's back.

Beomgyu hadn't noticed Yeonjun yet, as the door was covering him. Only Yeonjun could see a bit of Beomgyu's face, as he looked at his dad with an unexplainable expression on his face. Kind of like a mix of disappointment, and frustration. "Beomgyu, leave this instant! This is nothing for you to be involved in! Guards, take him away!" 

The guards quickly went up on either side of Beomgyu, and tried locking his arms. Beomgyu quickly pulled away though, and finally walked fully into the room. That's when he spotted Yeonjun, looking bothered, but his expression completely changed after making eye-contact with Beomgyu. 

"Yeonjun? ...Yeonjun!" "Beomgyu, NO!" Too late, Beomgyu already had started hugging Yeonjun. The latter could feel the slight feeling of tears on his shoulder. The King watched in disbelief, completely forgetting the fact that he had guards. Yeonjun could also feel the tears start pricking his eyes, as Beomgyu hugged him tightly. 

When Beomgyu finally let go of Yeonjun, and faced his dad, he had tears still falling down his cheeks. With his best voice, he tried his best to shout at his dad, "Do you want me to be happy, Father? Or do you only care about yourself! Yeonjun is a good guy for me, can't you just trust me this one time, Father! Please, I'm begging you, I need him!"

He was stomping his feet on the ground, and the wave of tears he was holding in started again. The King was still speechless, as he watched his son beg in front of him. "Your highness, I stand with Beomgyu." The next person to talk was one of the girls Yeonjun had noticed before. Maybe they were Beomgyu's friends?

"In all honesty, I'm not happy with this marriage as much as Beomgyu is. He's begging to be happy, can you not see that? My Father would never understand me, but I will keep trying until he will! This marriage is for your future, not us kids! I can still provide for my Kingdom without getting married!"

Another blow to the head, yikes. And also, did Yeonjun hear marriage? Beomgyu was supposed to marry a girl?

The King finally spoke, after hearing everything. 

"I-"