21. Prison

"PUT YOUR HANDS UP, we've found the prince." That was the last thing Beomgyu had heard before he was taken away from Yeonjun. All the officers were asking him if he was okay, what Yeonjun had done to him, and whether he wanted anything. He could've cared less though, he was begging and crying to not take him back to the castle. 

If he went back now, no one would be welcoming when he entered the big doors. He had missed his own wedding, and now was the person his Father hated the most. He had disappointed him, and even got officers to look for him out in the village. A disgrace was an understatement.

"Please, don't take me back to the castle. I'm begging you, please let me stay!" The officers around looked very confused, but didn't have time to listen to the Prince's cries, as they gently put him into the car that would be taking him back to "where he belonged".

So many things were running in Beomgyu's mind, as he banged on the windows and cried his heart out. What was Yeonjun going through right now? Probably way worse then himself, and that made Beomgyu feel more then guilty. It was all his fault. Yeonjun would have never got caught if he just had never ran away. If he just had never slept over at Yeonjun's house.

Seeing the perfect pathway, the perfect gateway, the perfect structure of the castle come into view, made Beomgyu cry even more. Just days ago, he had escaped this place for the better. And now he was coming back, out of his own will.

The car slowly pulled up to the entrance, and the officer opened the door for Beomgyu. The latter quickly tried wiping his tears off, and then took a deep breath before taking his first step out of the car. He already knew he was in a lot of trouble, so he didn't want to look like a mess when he went inside the palace.

As he expected, when he walked in to the palace, he was met by his Father and Mother. His Mother mostly looked worried for him, but the King only showed fury in his eyes. The negative emotions for Beomgyu had only just started.

*~*~*

The last thing Yeonjun remembered seeing was Beomgyu being taken up the ladder. Apparently, one of the officers had hit him in the head with a bat, afraid that maybe Yeonjun would try to do something to them. Yeonjun knew because he remembered feeling a big blow to his head, before fainting. And when he touched the area on his head...it hurt and felt a bit bloody as well. When he finally awoke though, he was met with the feeling of cold, damp, brick's behind his back. 

The floor was wet, and moldy, and the ceiling had spider webs all over it. Yeonjun had finally got to experience the place he had never wanted to see, a prison. It was even more depressing than he had thought, as he closed his eyes again. Maybe sleeping, would end up passing the time?

Only, it lasted for only a few minutes. He awoke again to the sound of someone banging on his cell, and when he looked up, he saw an officer. "Cellmate, Choi Yeonjun, you will be taken to the interrogation room now. You have the right to remain silent while we travel there, and anything you do say, will be used to add on to your sentence." 

Yeonjun wouldn't have to be told twice, as he got up from the ground and made his way out. Following the officer that would be taking him to be interrogated, questioned, about everything that had happened prior to today.