22. Lonely

"Prince, your father is calling you down to talk." "I'll be there soon." It was like Beomgyu had never left. The Palace went back to its normal, boring mood. And Beomgyu was left with what he originally ran away from. He only had one person on his mind these days, and Beomgyu had been dreaming of him lately too.

Although there weren't really any good dreams. Beomgyu mostly dreamed of him, blaming it all on Beomgyu for what happened. And what made it so haunting, was that it was true. Beomgyu really was the one to land him in jail, so seeing the dream made Beomgyu hurt even more for him. He wished he could do something to help him out of prison, but Beomgyu wasn't the King. And no one would like his decision of letting the most known criminal, out of prison, when all these years they've been trying to catch him. 

This was what Beomgyu was thinking, as he trudged down the stairs in misery. He was the reason for this whole mess, and he couldn't even do anything to help it. When he arrived in front of his father's office, he took a deep breath before knocking. "Come in." 

After Beomgyu had come back to the palace, the King was even more harsh on him. He was put on an even stricter diet, and was taking extra horse riding, and mannerism lessons because according to his father, "You'd have already forgotten the basics, with how much time you spent away from the Palace."

As Beomgyu went into the room, his father motioned for him to sit down in front of him. Beomgyu took a seat, but blatantly avoided making eye contact with the King. He couldn't afford to be ridiculed or pitied, whichever one it was. "Son, have I disappointed you in any way? Do you not like Ryujin, you seemed to like her when you first met her? Poor girl, she was left flabbergasted when she found out you had run away just a few days from your marriage. Imagine how embarrassed I felt, when I had to go over to her palace, and explain to her father that you had run away. I just don't understand why you've done such a thing, is being 18 make you think your allowed to do whatever you want?"

Beomgyu was really not having it at this point. This was literally the reason why he ran away. His dad just never seemed to understand him, or even take a hint about what his own son felt. None of what he said, made sense to him. And his story didn't seem like it was fully true, because Beomgyu remembered telling Ryujin his whole plan. She would've known already, even after the news broke out.

"I'm sorry for causing such a big mess, Father. I promise to not disobey your rules again." What else could Beomgyu do then just accept his fate. He had already landed himself enough punishment, and he didn't want to get on the King's bad side anymore then he already had. "I hope you mean what you just said, Beomgyu. You're dismissed." Before going back to his room immediately though, Beomgyu decided to get some fresh air outside. He noticed that smelling the flowers, and admiring the beautiful garden made him calm down.

He knew that once this whole situation died down, his Father would immediately try rearranging the marriage again. 'I guess I really won't be having a happy ending..'

*~*~*

Yeonjun had never experienced prison before, but he knew he hated it. Now that he was in it, it was just as he had expected. All the other prisoners, were somewhat intimidated by him. It boosted Yeonjun's pride, until he realized that no one talked to him, and he was ignored half the time. Showering in the same room, with four other guys, was very awkward. Lunch always consisted of some type of ham sandwich, and refried beans. And the beds were so hard, Yeonjun felt that it wasn't any better then the ground. In short, for Yeonjun, prison was hell.

What else could he do but just bare it though? It was his fault he had landed himself in jail. Although, Yeonjun still was curious on how they got caught. I mean, the two were very careful to not go outside for the few days Beomgyu had stayed with him. There must have been something, or someone, who had saw Yeonjun's hideout after Beomgyu came. 

The interrogation he went through considered of a lot of misunderstandings. It seemed like the two police officers weren't even trying to listen to his side of the story, holding a very visible grudge on him. It rubbed off on him in a bad way, but what else could he do? 

Now he was sitting on his hard, wooden bed. Staring at the wall in front of him. The time didn't seem to pass by, as the sun outside started fading away. Yeonjun was considered different from the rest of the prisoners, so he had his own cell. No roommates might've sounded good, but Yeonjun really was becoming insane doing nothing the whole day.

With nothing to do, Yeonjun decided to go to sleep. It wasn't like he would actually go to sleep, though. He'd just toss and turn until eventually going into a very fragile slumber.

*~*~*

"Beomgyu! I heard about everything, are you okay?" As he expected, Beomgyu's dad took him to go meet Ryujin again. And apologize to her father, for postponing the marriage. "Yeah, I'm fine. It's not like I can do anything about it anyways." It was obvious Beomgyu wasn't doing his best. The ground looked more comfortable to look at then anyone's eyes.

Now he was sitting in the same bedroom he was in, a few weeks ago, feeling different. "Beomgyu? Do you want any tea, or anything to eat?" Yuna was the first to speak up, since Beomgyu was staring at the wall in front of him. Ryujin had had enough, getting up to wave her hand in front of Beomgyu's face. 

"Earth to Beomgyu? Hello, Beomgyu! Are you there?" The boy finally looked up at Ryujin. "Ah, sorry. I was just thinking about something." Trying to flash a smile, but severely failing, Beomgyu looked terrible. "Don't hide it, Beomgyu. I know you aren't doing good. I'm sure there's a way you guys can have your happy ending!" 

"You wouldn't think that way if I actually told you the guy I liked." Ryujin tilted her head in curiosity. Even though Beomgyu told her about his plan of running away, he never told her the person he was running away to. "Why? Is he way different then I'm imagining? 'Cause I picture you liking a very sweet, loving, caring guy. Someone whose good at his job, and stable. Am I right?"

"Mostly, but he's not very stable. And he's disliked by a lot of people." Ryujin lightly pushed Beomgyu's shoulder. "Oh come on, just tell me already!" Yuna quickly got up from her chair, and hurried over to cover Beomgyu's left side. Now he was trapped, and the only way to get out was to tell the truth. "Well, the guy I like is...Choi Yeonjun!" Beomgyu stretched his hands to the side and moved his fingers. 

The two Shin sisters had their mouths opened to the max. Beomgyu expected it though, so he just tried to enjoy their shocked faces. He actually started laughing, and it made him feel better. "Beomgyu, you're not joking right? THE Choi Yeonjun...is the person you ran away to?"

"Oh my gosh, I need to know the whole story!"