Chapter Seven

He didn't say goodbye to his beloved. Neither did he tell anyone he was leaving or signing out. The dragon man knew that they, the other Yonderian hierarchy would be watching his every move. They had all wanted this Yonderian Fighter to die. But him. He had seen great potential. Even if it was a risk. It was a risk he was willing to take.

As he opened the iron doors to the outside world, he looked back but saw no-one. He knew someone was there. He could feel the eyes that were watching him, sear into his back. Although he paid no heed to the spy. He assumed it was the snakes chameleon spies.

Ever so slowly he turned back to the door and looked at the beautiful scenery around him. The bright green plantations, the yellow grains that melted away when water cascaded onto them, and that beautiful rainbow sky. He had heard about sunsets but never had he seen one with his own eyes.

"This is Earth," he whispered bewildered at its beauty. If I had known how beautiful it was earlier, he assured himself, he would've done more practical work or even brought his beloved.

Suddenly remembering the task at hand, he spread his wings of gold out. Then jumped out the door and into the wilderness.

The last time he had used his dragon wings, he had been training a wyvern many years ago. Spreading his wings again and soaring, he finally felt free. Free of his duty, his responsibilities. Free of everything. But he couldn't let the freedom get to his head. He needed to save the new Yonderian Fighter before the other Yonderian hierarchy killed her.

Listening to the crashing of the violent moving water, the whoosh of air meeting his wings as he flew faster and faster until everything was a blur. He roared dragonlish words and in a second winked out of existence.