update:/

ok so I guess you could kind of call this a rant but not really...

so today I was at my family reunion and all my little cousins were there. I had some trouble when it came to two of my eight year old cousins, which happen to be girls.

we had the reunion at my grandparents cabin on the lake, so of course we went swimming. I was wearing a bikini (bc I wanted to I guess) and did not have a life jacket or anything to cover up my stomach. so I arrive and I hop into the river where all my cousins are swimming.

there was this raft thing floating that we were all laying on and two of my girl eight year old cousins swim up. I'm laying there in a bikini while they have on life jackets etc. they proceed to tell me I'm pretty. of course I thank them but tell them oh no I'm not that pretty but thanks so much for the complement!

they're like no were not pretty! no, you're the pretty one. then they go on to tell me I'm sooooo skinny. (I know I haven't told yall but I have body issues and am kind of insecure, but not really. I love the skin I'm in and I'm thankful for all of my imperfections because no ones perfect!)

of course, again, I tell them no and tell them that they're skinny but thanks for the complement. same story, oh we're not skinny at all! I'm so fat under this life jacket!!

this hurt me a lot bc, lets be honest, a lot of eight year olds are pretty petite or on the smaller side (or at least these two were). I was dumbfounded when they said this and I told them that I would bet the world that they weren't fat.

later on during the day, we were on the raft again and they tell me, oh I bet a million boys have crushes on you!! and I know that's not true bc all the boys like my friends. so I tell them no and tell them they're so pretty again. they deny it.

I was hurt by this so now I'll just give you my closing thoughts:

we have a problem in society. I know everyone can be a bit insecure at one time or another, and if you're not ever that's amazing for you. I look up to you.

this problem has not only got teens being insecure, but also our youth. these little eight year olds telling themselves they're not pretty and fat is not okay. I know what I'm trying to say but I can't really say it. it's kind of like when we were eight years old we didn't care. now they call themselves ugly. that hurts me so much.

eight year olds shouldn't care yet, and, frankly, no one should care!! we should be thankful for the skin we have and the life we are living. if you have a problem with that, every morning when you get up look yourself in the mirror and say three things good about you.

I guess I was just really upset about this event and wanted to share with yall!

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

I know, 0 to 100 real quick!
love yall💕
mad and AC