Trials of Apollo - Part Seven

Start from the beginning

Calypso nodded. "Albania was particularly difficult."

From down the line, Nico di Angelo yelled, "Please do not mention Albania! Okay, who's next, folks? One line."

Damien White punched Leo's arm and walked away grinning. They weren't sure Damien even knew Leo. He simply couldn't turn down a chance to punch someone.

Leo rubbed his bicep. "Hey, no fair. That guy's getting back in the line -"

"Hey, Damien!" Cressida yelled. "Get the hell out of the line! You've had your turn even when you don't need one! Or would you like Chiara to believe that you've broken another guitar she liked?"

How Cressida even knew about Damien and Chiara was beyond Apollo, but the Leader of Camp Half-Blood was never disobeyed as Damien scowled at her and stepped out of the line, grumbling at how unfair it was and that using Chiara against him was just mean.

"So, like I was saying," Leo continued, "if Festus hadn't picked up on that homing beacon yesterday, we'd still be flying around, looking for a way out of the Sea of Monsters."

"Gods above, that place is a nightmare," Cressida remarked, Percy's hand still linked with hers.

"Yeah, I hate that place," Percy said. "There's this big Cyclops, Polyphemus—"

"I know, right?" Leo agreed. "What is up with that guy's breath? By the way, Hollywood, thank you for blinding him 'cause there is no way we would've survived that guy if he could see."

She beamed. "Anytime, Houston."

"Boys," Calypso said, "perhaps we should focus on the present?"

"Yeah," Percy said. "So the communication issues...Rachel Dare thinks it's got something to do with this company, Triumvirate."

Rachel herself had gone to the Big House to fetch Chiron, but Percy did a reasonable job summarizing what she had found out about the emperors and their evil corporation, along with Cressida's help obviously. Though, there wasn't really much to tell.

By the time six more people had punched Leo in the arm, Percy and Cressida had brought Leo and Calypso up to speed.

Leo rubbed his new bruises. "Man, why does it not surprise me that modern corporations are run by zombie Roman emperors?"

"They are not zombies," Apollo said. "And I'm not sure they run all corporations—"

Leo waved away his explanation. "But they're trying to take over the Oracles."

"Yes," Apollo agreed. "And that's bad."

"Very."

"So you need our help.—Ow! Hey, Sherman. Where'd you get the new scar, dude?"

And Sherman told Leo the story of Crotchkicker McCaffrey and the Demon Peach Baby.

"Since leaving Ogygia, I have no powers," Calypso admitted when the story was done and she tried to magic over a glass of lemonade for herself. "I am fully mortal. I keep hoping, but—"

"You want a drink?" Percy asked, probably feeling guilty about not following up on his promise to free Calypso from Ogygia which Cressida would talk with him about later. She knew that Percy didn't regret the choice to leave Ogygia but still, it did make her a little nervous the way he was acting. She wanted to know if he was ok and not blaming the hell out of himself.

"I got it." Leo beat him to the pitcher and Cressida rolled her indigo eyes at the boys.

"Here you go." Leo handed her a glass of lemonade. His expression seemed darker and more anxious and it took Cressida a second to realise that it wasn't because of Percy but rather because he'd saved her from the island and thus felt responsible for her losing her powers.