The Trials of Apollo - Part One

Cressida's day was starting out amazingly.

She woke up in Percy's arms with sunlight streaming through the window before they headed for the kitchen. The two of them danced around as they made breakfast - blue pancakes, naturally - leaving some for Sally when she woke up.

She'd just gotten out of a hot shower and finished blow-drying her hair when she walked into the kitchen to help Sally make a smoothie for herself when it happened. When her morning and the happy life she was letting herself believe was possible went out the window.

She was reaching into the fridge to put some of the fruit they'd cut up and used back when the voice spoke, "Sacred Sibyl! Madam, there is something wrong with your midsection!"

Cressida stood as she closed the fridge and Sally stared down at her swollen belly. "Well I am seven months pregnant," she said and Cressida moved protectively towards her as she eyeballed the two teenagers that stood beside her boyfriend.

"Percy," she asked. "Who are your friends?"

"How can you bear it?" the blonde boy asked. "My mother, Leto, suffered through a long pregnancy, but only because Hera cursed her. Are you cursed?"

Cressida was standing in front of Sally now with her sword drawn at the mention of Hera and curse in the same sentence.

Percy took a cautious step to the side. "Uh, Apollo?"

"Apollo?!" Cressida seethed.

"Yeah, my mom's not cursed and it's a very bad idea to mention Hera in front of Cress."

"What the hell is happening?!" Cressida demanded and Percy hesitantly walked toward his girlfriend.

"Cress, Wine Vine, love of my life, please put down the sword. Everything's fine. I promise. Apollo and Meg are here for help. Just put down the sword."

And he was able to ease the drakon blade out of her hand.

"You said we were out. You said we're not going to do this again," she said as he hugged her to him.

"I know. I know."

There was nothing else that he really could say. He wanted it to be true. He wanted to be out of it, but this was a god literally coming to them.

"How about this?" Sally suggested as she patted sixteen-year-old Apollo's shoulder. "Percy can help you get bandaged and cleaned up."

"I can?" Percy asked, still holding a deflated Cressida in his arms.

Sally gave him the slightest motherly eyebrow raise. "There's a first-aid kit in your bathroom, sweetheart. Apollo can take a shower, then wear your extra clothes. You two are about the same size."

"That," Percy said, "is truly depressing."

"You're still way hotter than him," Cressida whispered and Percy gave her a small smile as he kissed her temple.

"Just trying to keep up with you."

Sally cupped her hand under Meg's chin. "Cress, sweetheart, do you think you have something that might fight her?"

She was still leaning on Percy as she sighed. "I'm sure I could find something."

"Wonderful," Sally beamed, the two of them not finding it in themselves to deny the pregnant woman. "Let's get you both cleaned up and then we'll get you something to eat.

"I like food," Meg muttered.

Sally laughed. "Well, we have that in common. Percy, you take Apollo. We'll meet you back here in a while."