Chapter 25

"You two are in so much trouble," Annabeth shouted as the two demigods were startled awake.

"Gods above! Books!" Cressida groaned as she rolled over onto Percy's chest, the two of them exhausted after the events in Kansas and then dancing for all hours of the night but it was absolutely worth it, even if they did sleep in. "Don't you know how to knock?!"

"Cress, everyone thinks Percy was kidnapped. Again!" Annabeth explained.

"I'm fine," Percy assured her. "As you can tell."

"Not when Coach kills you," Annabeth returned and Percy sat up, Annabeth's eyes widening at the fact that he was wearing no shirt. "Especially if Cress isn't wearing any clothes under there."

"I am. Chill," Cressida groaned as she sat up too, the covers falling off to show the sports bra she wore and Annabeth closed her eyes, taking deep breaths as she balled her fists.

"I am not dealing with this. I am not dealing with you two. Put your clothes on and get to the mess hall. NOW!"

And she stormed out of Cressida's room.

"So," Cressida said as she turned to her boyfriend. "We're staying in your cabin tonight then?"

"Are you crazy?!"

"Absolutely. I'm crazy about you," she said.

"I am going to get in so much trouble because of you."

"No more than you already are," she grinned. "Good morning to you too by the way," she said as she kissed him before jumping out of bed and heading towards her bathroom.

"I hate you," he called after her.

"Liar!" she called back through the closed door and Percy reluctantly got up to face the music.

******************************************************************

When everyone finally gathered in the mess hall, the reactions were definitely mixed. Jason and Piper were mostly relieved. Leo couldn't stop grinning and muttering, "Classic. Classic." Only Hazel seemed scandalized, maybe because she was from the 1940s. She kept fanning her face and wouldn't meet Percy's eyes. Frank was nervous and Annabeth was just annoyed.

Naturally, Coach Hedge went ballistic; but Percy found it hard to take the satyr seriously since he was barely five feet tall.

"Never in my life!" Coach bellowed, waving his bat and knocking over a plate of apples. "Against the rules! Irresponsible! You dared put your filthy hands on Ressa?!"

"Gleeson," Cressida sighed as she flopped onto her recliner without a care in the world. "Nothing happened. And I'm a big girl. I can take care of myself."

"Young lady, your father chose me to protect you. From monsters, from giants, and especially from teenage boys!"

Cressida simply held a piece of bacon in the air before lowering it into her waiting mouth. "My father also said, he'd leave me to choose. And I've chosen -"

"Me," Percy finished, figuring that if she wasn't worried, he shouldn't be. Or at least, that was the hope. "Besides," Percy said, "you're starting to sound like Terminus."

Hedge narrowed his eyes. "Is that an insult, Jackson? 'Cause I'll— I'll terminus you, buddy!"

Percy tried not to laugh. "It won't happen again, Coach. I promise. Now, don't we have other things to discuss?"

It was a lie. It would happen again, they'd just have to be more careful about not getting caught.

Hedge fumed. "Fine! But I'm watching you, Jackson. And you, Ressa, I thought you had more common sense and -"