Chapter 42 - Alpine Descend

Începe de la început

I inhaled deeply, hoping it would help but it didn't.

Luckily, the waitress came with my sparkling water. Immediately, I drank, and felt some relief.

"Can we go back to the hotel?" I asked Michael.

"Yeah, I was thinking the same thing." he said, calling the waitress again.

Quickly, he paid as I finished my drink.

Outside the restaurant, people were gathered, with more paparazzi. Adam tried escorting us to the car, pushing through the crowd.

Even with my sunglasses on, the flashes blinded me, making a headache begin.

"Mike," I squeezed his hand. "I don't feel so good..."

He kept walking and pulled me along. "We're right there, Ange. Just a few seconds."

We finally reached the car. Michael let me in first, following close behind. Adam hurried to get into the driver's seat before speeding off.

Just like last week, my breath caught in my throat, suddenly losing any power I had left in me.

"Deep breaths, baby..." my husband guided me. I calmed down, but still held onto his hand. "Better?"

"I think so."

He placed a soft kiss on my cheek, "You get some rest now, okay? We'll be at the hotel soon."

Never letting go of my hand, he drew small circles on my arm the entire ride back.

~

Michael: Angela decided to take a bath when we arrived at the hotel.

"I can come in with you, Ange." I offered as she lowered herself inside the tub.

"No, it's okay, I need some alone time." she smiled tiredly.

"I'm right outside if you need me."

"Thanks, Mike."

I closed the door behind me, leaving a tiny crack just in case.

My phone buzzed in my pocket. It was Bill, who stayed back in London with Jake.

Hesitantly, I picked up while sitting on the bed. "Yes, Bill?"

"Mike." Jake said.

Without answering, I looked down at the floor.

What could he possibly want?

"Mike, please." he begged.

"What, Jake?"

"I just want to know how you're doing. How's Angie-"

"She's fine."

He let out a long sigh, "And Lily and Eric? Can I please talk to them?"

"They're not here right now. Is that all?" I played with the fabric of my pants.

"Yeah. Listen, man..."

Jake went on to tell me again how sorry he was, but I wasn't listening anymore, because Angela called from the bathroom.

As an instinct, I went to see what was going on. I found her crouching in front of the toilet, throwing up.

"Is that Angie? Is she okay?" Jake asked.

"We'll call later, Jake," I hung up. "How can I help, Ange?"

"I need water..." she said before hurling again.

When I came back after getting her a cold bottle, she was leaning against the bath tub, and took deep breaths.

"I hate that it comes and goes," Angela groaned. "Seriously, it just happens. I was better this week, and now I feel like shit again."