What is Seventeen?

Seventeen is a Kpop boy group that consist of 13 members under Pledis Entertainment (Company of NU'EST, After School, Han Dong Geun, Park Kahi, Hello Venus, and Son Dambi)

In July 2012, Pledis Entertainment announced that they would be debuting their 2nd and new boy group "Seventeen" in early 2013. Seventeen would consist of 17 members that would be split into 3 sub-units that would promote in Korea, Japan & China. Seventeen was originally a 5 member boy group called "Tempest" (consisting of Seungcheol, Doyoon, Jihoon, Yusang and Youngwoon) that was set to debut in 2012 but the members were then moved to Seventeen. Unfortunately, Yusang and Youngwoon had already left the company thus only Seungcheol, Doyoon and Jihoon joined Seventeen.

On December 2012, Pledis Entertainment announced the release of "SEVENTEEN TV", which is a pre-debut training show that would help fans learn the names and faces of the members before their debut and where fans could evaluate the boys training. After the airing of the first episode of 'SEVENTEEN TV'.

In January 2013, Pledis Entertainment announced that the boys that appeared in the first episode were not the final members of the group but were instead all trainees still. The final members of the group will be selected based off fan responses towards each member. Originally starting with 17 trainees, after 5 running seasons of 17TV, members were left due to their own personal reason, leaving the 13 fixed members. Plans for sub-units in 3 different countries is unknown for now. The group still continue to keep their name as Seventeen explaining that the reason behind their name meant that there are 13 members, 3 units but they are still 1 team, making them 17.

© Pledis17