24. Whispers of the Plight

Ira looked at Avi, concern etched on her face, and asked, "How's your shoulder?"

Avi replied, "It's okay."

But Ira could see through his words as she noticed the bandages wrapped around his shoulder. She gently touched his shoulder, and a soft glow emanated from her hands.

However, before she could fully heal him, Avi interrupted her, his voice filled with concern. "I know you can heal me, but don't. You aren't well yourself."

Ira smiled at him and reassured him, "I'll be okay. Let me help you."

With determination, she placed her hand on his shoulder again, and the glow emitted once more. In no time, his shoulder was fully healed.

Seeing him in pain, was something she never wanted wanted to see no matter how small it was.

Avi expressed his gratitude, saying, "You didn't have to, but thank you so much. It feels much better."

Ira smiled back at him, their eyes locked in a meaningful gaze. Their intimate moment was interrupted by the arrival of Alice, carrying a tray of food and water.

Alice's robotic voice broke the silence as she addressed Ira, "Miss Ira, you are awake. It's very good. We missed you deeply."

She carefully placed the tray on the table and scanned Ira's body with her vision. "You look fine, Miss Ira. Your body seems to be healing well, in a few days it should be fully healed."

Ira nodded appreciatively, acknowledging Alice's assessment. She then urged Alice, "Now, tell me everything."

Ira had no time to waste, she had heard everything and she knew the execution date was near.

Alice began to explain the turmoil that had plagued the kingdom for the past four years. "The kingdom has been in uproar ever since the Heir to the throne died. The main instigator of this unrest is Minister Zayn. He aims to establish full dictatorship in Slyrio."

Ira questioned, "Minister Zayn? You mean General Zayn, the military general?"

Alice confirmed, "Yes, he transitioned into politics four years ago when the upheaval began. He appears to support the monarchy and the current rulers outwardly, but behind the scenes, he has been gathering like-minded individuals from around the kingdom who share his views. Fortunately, those who support him are few in number."

Ira sighed, realizing the gravity of the situation. "Nevertheless, even a few can cause great harm."

Ira's expression turned thoughtful as she realized the implications. "That explains how the heirs were arrested so easily as the elders along with King and Queen are out. I heard that while I was in coma.
The lack of communication plays in their favor. And what about the current monarchs? Where are they? Haven't you traced them yet?"

Alice replied, "They cannot be traced. For the past week, they have been missing from the radar. This information was deliberately kept hidden. I discovered their last known location on an island near the Mystic Isle."

Ira's eyes widened with a mixture of disbelief and anger.

Then she inquired once again, her voice filled with curiosity, "Who else is implicated in this situation? And what were the accusations leveled against the heirs?"

Alice responded, "It appears that Princess Tara may be involved. I suspect she provided General Zayn with information about the Earthlings present here. Additionally, Judge Emir, the prominent magistrate of Slyrio, seems to have been bribed by Zayn. Consequently, he has been influencing other judges, leading to this unjust decision to execute the Chosen Heirs."