CHAPTER-11

VEDHIKA

"No, a bit left....yes... Mannn... I said a bit, you moved it all way left."

"Sorry, ma'am. I'll place it the way you say." 

"You have been saying this for the last freaking two hours. I don't want to sound rude, so please leave. I'll do the rest by myself." 

"Ok, sorry ma'am."

"No, it's absolutely fine." The carpenter moved out of my under-construction cabin.

After working for a month in this office, I finally got my cabin. Even Mr. Oberoi realized it, every day, going all way 40 floors up and down was so tiring. Though I didn't ask him for the cabin, it was he who told me last week to select the furniture. And exactly, I was astonished. At first, I thought he was joking, it was his other trap but to my surprise, it wasn't. I mean of course, who wouldn't suspect him, but it seemed that this time his intention was not wrong. It has been a month now working with him, but still, I don't know him well in person, as a businessman he was great. Great at his job. The passion, the desire he has for work is just unimaginable. I know, this doesn't sound like me, but it's the truth. His dedication and respect towards his work is what I like about him or more precisely, the only thing I like about him

"Rrrrrr..... Oh my god! I can't do this. This is so heavy. God! My hands look so red as if I murdered someone." I spoke to myself trying to move the furniture.

"I came early in the morning, just to settle this stuff but this is so damn heavy. I think this will stay here, forever. Gosh! This angle is not at all good." Continuing muttering to myself.

As I was going to give my another try, the intercom rang.

"Hello"

"Is this Oberoi Enterprises?"

"Yes and who's this speaking."

"This is Mr. Yadav's PA speaking, Aadwak Mishra. Am I speaking to Mr. Oberoi's PA?"

"Ohh... yaa. Yes."

"Actually I wanted to confirm about the deal."

"Ohh, yes that deal... Mr. Oberoi mentioned something about the meeting."

"Yes, if you could confirm when the meeting is scheduled I could inform Mr. Yadav."

"Umm... yaa sure. Just give me a second, I'll ask Mr. Oberoi. Can you hold?"

"Sure."

I grabbed my phone from the back pocket of my jeans and tried dialing Mr. Oberoi. But there was no response. I tried calling thrice but he didn't pick up.

"Err... Sorry, Mr. Oberoi is busy in a meeting. I'll call you back when I'll get any information."

"Yaa, okay."

Saying I hung the call.

"What is Mr. Oberoi doing? Usually, he picks up the call in the second trial, but today he didn't. What's the matter? I think I should go and check." Grabbing my phone and my notepad I left for his cabin.

"Mr. Oberoi, your schedule for today--" I stopped myself when I caught sight of the scene.

It was all changed, his cabin, didn't look like one. The room was overcrowded by people than usual. A woman maybe in her early fifties, in an Olive green embroidered suit, her long hair tied up in plaits, wearing expensive gold jewellery around her neck, wrist, and ears sauntered towards me.

"OMG! She's so pretty, Saransh." She said, sauntering towards me. And I flushed as I had never in my life.

"Who is she? Is she your--" She was about to complete when a masculine voice interrupted.