CHAPTER-3

VEDHIKA

As I reached the entrance to Oberoi Enterprises, there was a tremendous throng; GOD! It wasn't just a crowd, it was like a crazy mob holding microphones and cameras... 

Wait... These are MEDIA outlets... But what are they here for? I parked my scooter in a safe place away from the media range and hid behind a car to understand what was happening...

After a while the crowd grew as a group of black-clad bodybuilders arrived, chasing the media that was blocking the path of a sleek black BMW. My mouth fell to my knees seeing the latest model of BMW, my favorite before my eyes... 

Is that a dream??? I said in arousal. I pinched myself to find out it was a reality, not a dream... but as same as one. I was lost gawking at this magnificent piece before my eyes, suddenly someone in a stiff black suit got out of the car.

GODDAMN, IT!!! That was hot... I didn't even realize when this slid out of my innocent mouth. Before I could see the man's face, the call was cut off.

"TRING...TRING...TRING"

"GOD!!! He's such a nuisance in my dream life..." I said annoyed by his sudden disturbance at that moment.

I answered the call, "Why do you always end up at a bad time? Huh!!! How do you do that over and over again?" I said out of frustration.

"SISO!!! I have a supplementary course so you'll have to wait for me..." he said at the other end.

"You could have written a text, but NO... You had to call me for such a small thing..."

"Hey, Relax! What happened? Didn't your interview go well?" that knocked me.

SHIT... Interview... I was so engrossed in the sight of the car and its owner that I forgot about my interview. " I'll call you later, take care, bye..." Saying that I disconnected the call.

When I turned around, I saw that the crowd had disappeared. I saw another front door to the building through which I could easily enter; without having to face the crowd. As I walked in I heard people talking and clapping which reassured me, I was in the right place. I started walking to the receptionist, but I stumbled across somebody...

"OUCH!!!" I cried with sorrow as my elbow throbbed...

I watched the surrounding and gulped loudly. My sight fell on the floor... papers strewn all over, and raised my eyes; to see a face smoldering with anger and rage.

CRAP!!! What have I done? Now I have to clear this mess. "I'm sorry I'll figure this out for you..." I said, leaning down to grab the cluttered papers. I was picking up the papers when a harsh voice spoke...

"WHAT THE HELL! Don't you have eyes or what??"He screamed so loud that I trembled.

"I... I'm...so...rr...sorry, I didn't mean to..." I almost stammered but I finished my sentence. " I'll clear this" I added.

"GOD! From where do you get these people?" he said with annoyance.

"THESE BLOODY MIDDLE-CLASS PEOPLE DON'T EVEN HAVE MANNERS OR ETIQUETTE... SUCH A BEGGAR..."He screamed making me stop my hands but continued after a while. I gathered most of the papers and handed them to that arrogant man.

"These are your papers... Wait, I'm not done yet... You made a statement about me being middle class and about my manners. So let me be clear to you, I have a lot more manners than you MISTER... I didn't blame you for the crash the way you did--"

"Because you are guilty and you are in the thick of it. By the way, HOW DARE YOU RAISE YOUR VOICE AND TALK TO ME IN THAT TONE?! YOU GOT ANY IDEA WHO I AM? I AM SAR--