O n e

I have been going to this camp since I was a little girl. Never did I think I would have to face love. It just never occurred to me.

Go to camp. Have a blast. Come home. It was never anything more than that.

But now I have to deal with love!!! Oh no, not this girl! No guy had ever loved me, let alone even looked at me...

But Love? Love is a very loaded word. I could look at my best friend and say "Hey I love you!", but the way he said it is not the same... I have never been so confused in my whole life!!!

Of course you can't do anything about that, so I should probably start back at the beginning of the summer. So let's flashback about 2 in half months ago.
--------------------
"Anabel Rose!, have you even packed yet?!?"

My mother stomped into my room yelling gibberish that I couldn't understand. But I was to busy scrolling through Facebook on my phone to even listen.

"Ana!!!"

I removed my headphones and slowly looked up at my heated mother.

"Yes Momma?"

"Please get off your butt and start packing! You leave for camp tomorrow morning."

I began to get up and I walked over to my closet. Then I began grabbing all my favorite T - shirts, I then tore them off their hanger and tossed them onto my bed.

"You know Ana it might be easier to pack these clothes, if you were to fold them and not just throw them randomly."

"I know Mom, I'll get to it."

My mother walked over to the roughly thrown clothes and began folding them, then placed them into my suitcase.

"You know, I think this is the longest you've ever been away from home."

She sat down on my bed and began to twiddle her thumbs.

"Mom," I walked over to her and grabbed her hand. "I'm aloud to leave every weekend, and its only 2 months whats the worst that could happen?"

"I know sweetie, I'm still gonna miss you though."

I stood up and gave my Mom a huge hug.

"I'll miss you too Momma."

After our appreciated chat, I turned on some Panic! At the Disco, and continued in my packing. Mom was right this will be the longest I've ever been away. At least I get to spend it at my favorite place.

I finished my last little bit of packing and hit the hay. I have an early morning tomorrow. Camp here I come.

________________________________________________________________________________

"ANA!!!! GET UP!!!!"

I throw the covers off of me and roll onto the floor.

"Whats wrong? Is there a fire?!?!"

Then I see him, Jonah, my obnoxious older brother standing there laughing.

"Ha, very funny Jonah."

"Hey, I had to. I come home for the summer and your leaving, so be prepared for a morning of pranks." He trotted out of room with an evil smile.

"Jonah, I swear if you do anything that will make me late or make me have to change I will kill you!!!"

I get up from the floor and start to dust myself off.

I look up at my reflection in the mirror. Nothing special.

Average strawberry blonde hair with slight waves, average blue eyes that sometimes changed to green, average body type, and a million average freckles.

Just average.

I walked over to my closet and pulled out my Panic! At the disco tank, my favorite shorts and my chacos! I won't ever go to camp without my chacos.

I got dressed then put my hair into two dutch braids. Over at my vanity I stared at my makeup, I might as well back some of the basics. But today I settled on a little mascara and chap stick. Camp approved.

I grabbed my fully packed bag, my guitar/uke, my backpack and my purse then made my way slowly down my stairs. I was hoping my Mom would still be asleep so I could make it out of the house before she cried. But no, there she was sitting at the kitchen table.

"Hi, Momma."

"Hi sweetie, you ready to go."

"Yes Momma."

She stood up and walked towards me.

"Do you have your swimsuit?"

"Yes."

"Bugspray?"

"Yes."

"Feminine products?"

I get a little embarrassed.

"Momma!"

"What my baby's gonna be gone for two whole months, she has to be prepared ."

She walked me out to my truck, then helped me load everything in.

"Are you sure you know your way?"

"Yes Momma, I'll be fine."

Jonah walked out of the house in a rather annoying way.

"Little sis, you didn't think you could leave without saying bye to me, did you?"

"No of course not Jonah."

He picked me up and swung me around.

"I though you said there would be more pranks?"

"Nah, one is enough."

He began walking back in then turned around.

"Maybe.. ha ha ha!!"

My Mom looked at me with tears in her eyes.

"Don't worry Momma I'll be fine, I go every year."

"I know, I know, but this time I won't be able to drop you off and know you will only be gone for a week."

I pulled her into a big hug, then jumped into my truck.

I started the ignition then waved at my Momma and my brother who had walked back outside.

I have a two hour drive ahead of me.

I pulled out of my drive way and headed down the road.

"Well, goodbye home. Hello Summer camp!"

Then I started my trip while blaring Panic! at the disco for all to hear.