Jellal looks taken back, but nods in agreement. "We're no more then partners."

"In love~" I sing.

Both their faces light up. "NO WE'RE NOT!" And Erza hits me again.

~+~+~+~

I kinda regret letting Erza hit me. I feel dizzy, yet I need to go to the battlefield in an hour. Yes. We're doing a sneak attack on the kingdom... though I don't want to. When I nervously explained this to Lucy, she looked so sad that it made my heart hurt. These feelings are never going to wear off are they... oh well I love her and that's not going to change. EVER.

"Natsu-nii, you need to go get equipped for battle." Wendy's small voice brings me back to reality.

I nod hesitantly and grin like a maniac. "I'm going to show the humans how much stronger we are! The only sane one apparently is Lucy..." I laugh and walk towards my warrior chest, and place a hand on it, not bothering to open it. I hear padding of feet behind me, and the smell of Wendy fills my nostrils. I sense her come to a stop beside me.

Her smell lessens as I get used to her. I haven't been near her in so long that I have to get used to how people other than Lucy smell. Damn it. Wendy stares at me, I can feel her eyes staring at the side of my face and I can see her at the corner of my eye. "Natsu-nii... I-I wanted to tell you something." She says quietly.

I look at her slowly, lifting my hand off of the chest. "What is it?"

Wendy fiddles with her fingers. "My mum said th-that I would be able to help on the battlefield." She quietly admits, making my eyes widen.

"Wh-what?!" I almost scream. "You can't! You'll get hurt or worse-"

She gives me a determined look, making me shut up. "I want to help our fellow nakama! People die while fighting or because they don't have someone to heal them! I can save people's lives, Natsu-nii!" Wendy takes a deep breath. "I knew you would say no right away, but this is my choice."

I let a giant smile cross my face. "I never thought you'd say that, Wendy." I ruffle her hair playfully. "Go get ready then, eh?" I watch her nod and skip out of my room. My smile falls and I crouch on the floor, my face in my hands. "So many people important to me... they're all getting put out as targets to die..."

As I take another big whiff of air, I smell Lucy. She must be coming back to our room. I stand up and try to look like nothing's bothering me, but fail. As she walks in, Lucy takes one look at my face and narrows her eyes before walking up to me and hugging me. "What's wrong?"

I wrap my arms around her and take in her smell and presence. "I'm worrying about the people that are going out to serve their lives." I whisper.

"They're doing it because they're also worried. They're worried that this kingdom is going to get taken over by puny humans, and that their loved ones are going to be killed." She snuggles deeper into my arms. "Imagine me, I want to go-"

"Hell no." I snap with no hesitation.

"-but there's a fine line between can and can'ts in this world." Lucy continues like I never spoke.

I bury my face in her neck and breath her in more. "This war shouldn't have started."

Her frame shudders as she laughs, her angelic laugh. "It was bound to happen. Any mistake would make us go to war." I feel her hands tangle in my hair, making me grumble a small 'I love you.' Lucy then pulls away much to my distaste, and she points to my chest. "Want some help?"

"I don't understand why I need it, I end up taking it all off while fighting anyways!" I complain cockily.

She shakes her head, a small smile on her face. "It's more to represent which kingdom you're from, as much as the wings show that and all, but its the thought that counts." Luce explains, making me understand.

"Ohhhhh..." I open the chest and stare at the suit meant for a half dragon.

I see Lucy rub her hands together, though fear clear in her beautiful eyes. "Now, to get you ready for life and death."

_________

A/N: Damn. I feel like such a meany. This is so short. But you guys wanted an update. So it's a shitty short update...

I'm so damn sorry minna!! I just might put this thing on hold- I'm thinking about it because all July I'm not really near computers or have much access to writing. And no I can't write on my cellular device because it's messed up as shit.

Just again! I'm soooo sorry! And if anyone has any ideas then pleeaaase comment!!

Thank you for reading!!! ~Sarah