〖Chapter Two: A New Friend?〗

12/16/1989

I heard a firm knock on my door it was my Landlord. *sigh* goodluck to me..

Mr.Simon:Linabelle I will make this quick. Do you have the rent or not?.

Linabelle:Mr Simon please.. just one more week I swear..! I've already got a case if I succeed I'll finally have enough to pay for the rest of the year.

Mr.Simon: *sighs* One week Linabelle. thats all I'm giving you if you don't have the money your out.

I smile with joy and assure him I'd give it my all and succeed

Linabelle:Thank you thank you! You wont regret it!!

Mr.Simon: Yes yes now if you'll excuse me I have a meeting to attend good day Linabelle.

Linabelle:Good day sir!

Two hours went by I packed up some food water and the picture that strange man gave me. I set off for the village near Locklam Hill.

I walked aimlessly along the streets of Virgalta asking town folk about the women and children in the picture. All I got was stares huh.. odd.

Woman 1:Do you see how that girl dresses? It's so inappropriate what would the earl think of such sickly girl!

Woman 2: Oh yes indeed who dares come here dressed in such inappropriate rags! shame on her!!

Linabelle overheard the village women talking about her as if she wasn't there she ignored them and went back to asking about the people in the photo.

Strange Boy: Oi! what's a lady like you doing dressed like that here in Virgalta? Men are going to swoop you low and high!

Linabelle: ...Oh uhm my apologies I don't have much so I made do with what clothes I have..

Strange Boy:Ah I see then follow me!

The strange boy takes my hand and leads me to a tailors shop, huh how strange..

Strange Boy: Madam Collete! I've brought a lassy who could use a touch of your magic!

Madam Collete:Ah Marco again? *smiles* welcome deary my apologies about Laurence he's always bringing girls like you here.

Linabelle: *smiles awkwardly* Erm.. it's alright Madam I think he's just doing a good deed for uhm.. girls like me.

Marco pauses for a moment and stares at me with a wide grin across his face. Something about it made me... flustered.

Marco: Why indeed fair maiden it's just a good deed you'll get used to it. *winks*

Madam Collete:Alright alright enough blabbering come girl I'll measure you to fit a dress fit for a maiden.

Madam Collete grabbed her measuring tape escorting me out the room leaving Marco bored in the shops front.

She starts to make a beautiful dress laced with pearl beads and ruffled lace. Oh how happy I was to feel such silk on my skin again since papa left..

Madam Collete:Oi Marco come and see what a fine lassy you've brought me!

I step out the curtain as Marco observed me head to toe as if he wanted to say "I want to hold you and never let go."

Linabelle:Well..?? How do I look? *smiles*

Marco: Beautiful.. I mean- uhm you look good I uh guess?

Madam Collete laughs at Marco clearly observing his awkwardness.

Linabelle:Madam Collete thank you for the dress uhm how much do I owe you?

Madam Collete:Free of charge deary courtesy of Marco here. *looks at Marco*

I approach Marco and give him a hug I wanted to stay but I couldn't.. I had a mission to fulfill.

Linabelle:Thank you.. again but I best be off now. I still have a case to work on good day to you both.

Marco:Wait a case? Can I help?!

Madam Collete:Now now Marco we must not intrude in people's business

Linabelle: No no its alright maybe you could help me actually.

I pull out the photo and show it to them

Linabelle:These people.. have you met them?

Marco froze staring at me for a moment before shaking his head and looking back at the photo "Lucy.. where have you gone?" he murmurs just enough for me to hear.

Linabelle:Do you know that woman Marco?

Marco: Yes. that woman.. she's my older sister Lucy.. she went to visit Mama at the hill with her kids and never came back.

Marco tries to hold back his tears as he looks at me.

Marco: Where.. where did you get this from?.. tell me.

Linabelle: *hesitates* A man.. he barged into my office yesterday asking for help. I didn't know what to do he promised to pay me a lot if I found his family.

Marco: Of course... Alec would do such. He hurts her but acts like he cares to maintain his image.

Linabelle:Wait.. he abuses her? That changes a lot..

I thank him for the info promising to come back as I finally make my way to Locklam. I will complete this case no matter what.