𓊈Chapter One: Locklam Hill𓊉

12/15/1989

Its the holiday seasons families shopping for gifts baking pastries and treats in time for Christmas.

A man enters my office wide eyed. Yikes he clearly hasn't slept a wink poor man..

The Man:You! your a detective right..? please please help me..

Linabelle:Me? you want help from ME? Oh uhm.. ok? how do I help?

The Man: M-my family.. they've gone missing.

The man slides a piece of paper on my desk looking at me with desperation in his eyes.

The Man: This..this is my family they went out to shop for gifts while I headed to work..

Linabelle:Ok? and what seems to be the problem sir?..

The man gets up looks down at his feet and sheds a tear

The Man:THEY NEVER CAME BACK..! I WAITED AND WAITED BUT NO SIGN OF THEM ALL DAY..

I put my hand on the mans shoulder in an attempt to calm him down I whisper

Linabelle:Its going to be alright. I will do everything in my power to find them ok?

I hug the man even while smelling the stench of alcohol on him, clearly he's been drinking.

Linabelle:Tell me. Did they say where exactly they would go?

The Man: No.. all they said was- WAIT I REMEMBER... My wife told me before they left that they would go to the neighboring clubhouse on the hill to see her mother for the holidays.

Linabelle:Wait.. You mean THE clubhouse on Locklam Hill?! Rumors spiralled around that place for years...

The Man gets back up looks at me with a genuine smile quietly murmurs something and leaves.

I didn't realize it was already late so I closed my shop and braced myself for my new case.