Mordecai x Male!Reader

Words: 652
Published: 07/13/23 12:38AM
Requested: ✔︎

Let's Go Together

Mitzi was going through a hard time, and not just her. A lot of people were impacted when they found out Atlas died. Mordecai was acting strange, normally he acted strange but he acted stranger than normal.

He's always been a clean freak, socially awkward and much more. Now he's been keeping everything away from everyone. He would normally talk to me about his problems sometimes when he actually wanted to but now he's distant. It was just a normal afternoon, i was talking to Mitzi about how she was doing. She said she was doing fine and that i shouldn't really worry about that kind of stuff. I shoved it off, turning around because i felt like i was being watched i saw Mordecai in the corner.

I questioned it but shoved it off thinking it was normal for him to act this way, but i would be completely wrong later.

~

It had been an hour of just hanging out and talking to people when i had to excuse myself to the lavatory. When i went into the lavatory i felt someone pull me aside, when i tried to scream the person covered my mouth. I got a good look at them and saw it was Mordecai, i quickly bit his finger and he backed off. "What the hell is this for Mordecai?!" I was clearly confused and concerned. "Look it'll be easier to explain if we get out of here, how about some coffee or tea?" He sounded serious about this, i could tell that he wanted to talk about it now or at least get it off his chest.

I sighed and nodded my head, "Fine but this better explain why your acting weird!" We walked out and he replied. "This will most likely explain everything."

~

We shortly got to a little café that's down the road from where the Little Daisy was at. After our tea came we started talking. "I've decided I'm leaving Lackadaisy." My eyes went wide as I almost choked on the tea, "What WHY?" His ears went down and his tail flicked, "Let me explain..please." My ears also went down, he sighed and began to explain.

"The reason why I'm doing this is because of Atlas's death." I started to think about it then he spoke again. "I think it'll be better to leave, most importantly with you." I was a little shocked to say the least.

Hearing the words coming out of his mouth was like a blur. He was kidding right? A joke. "And if your wondering, this isn't a joke." My eyes went wide again.

He looked like he was letting me think which is what I need in that moment. "Where would we go then?" I said, voice a little shaky and scared. "Well there's this place called Marigold, why not go there?" He sounded like I was taking an offer for a better life.

With one final sigh I got up, "Fine, let's go together."

~

Working at Marigold is a little tough but you get the hang of it. Mordecai isn't very happy or is the word pleased with the people we've partnered with. There names are Serafine and Nicodeme. He isn't found of them, that's the word i was looking for!

We really haven't gotten any updates on how Lackadaisy was doing, though all we know is that it's going down hill and in a bad situation. So I'm glad that I made the decision on

Going Together-

~

I'm so sorry it's short and so sorry that it took so long. I wasn't doing ok when I started and decided that I would right it when i was doing a bit better in the morning and now it's the next day.

I just wanted to get this posted! So I'm happy if you enjoyed this short chapter. :)