𝗏𝗂.

𝘚𝘐𝘟

        SEYLU NEVER HAD ANY TROUBLE talking with adults. She found it easier to relate to the men and the women in the clan, rather than the cruel children of her own age. Seylu would rather hunt with the men, or weave baskets with the women than fitter about with immature children.

She related to Jake Sully. He would protect his family, even if it cost him his life. Seylu would kill for her family, regardless of the consequences. Tonowari suggested to Seylu that she help Jake Sully adjust to warrior life between her teaching his children. Seylu was happy to. Though the Sully children had grown on her, teaching them while hiding her impediment took a lot more energy than she would like to spend.

The blue Na'vi man walked beside the young Metkayina girl after he joined the hunting party on the morning hunt a few weeks later, watching her twirl her spear in her hand. "How are my kids doing? Are they learning quickly?" Jake asked.

"They are doing well. They are very open to learning our skills." Seylu said, putting her spear at a standstill, holding it at her side.

Jake nodded. "Are the boys staying out of trouble?" he questioned, peering down at the tall girl.

"Surprisingly, yes. They have been causing no problems." she said, hair tied into a sharp braid cascading down her cyan striped back.

Jake smiled, watching as Seylu intently watched the sand with every step she took, eyes squinted in focus. "Your father told me about your eyes." Jake blurted out randomly, and Seylu jerked her head up.

"What? He told you?" Seylu gaped, grip tightening around her crafted spear.

"He wanted me to know so I could keep an eye on you." Jake said quickly, hands outstretched to calm Seylu down.

She breathed heavily, continuing walking. "Please don't tell your children. Everyone else my age and older knows, and I like that there are people who don't know." Seylu asked Jake, twirling her spear again.

Jake nodded. "Yeah, of course." he promised the girl, though he knew Neteyam would figure it out rather quickly.

The two warriors walked a few moments longer, discussing hunting tactics. Seylu heard the sounds of fighting before Jake did. Her sense of hearing had increased tenfold to make up for her lack of proper sight. Her ears perked up, and her steps quickened. She felt a rush of anger, but she was very calm at the moment.

"Seylu?" Jake said, confused, following her.

Seylu rounded a corner, seeing two blue Na'vi fighting a group of Metkayina boys, a blue Na'vi girl laughing at the scene. "Oh, you have got to be kidding me!" Seylu groaned, seeing the familiar face that belonged to her younger brother in the midst of the fight.

"I gotta stop this." Jake sighed, beginning to walk closer to the six boys rolling and shouting on the sand. Lo'ak had a hold on a boy's ear, his tail being pulled by another one of Ao'nung's friends.

Seylu put her arm out in front of him, gripping her spear. "I got this." she promised, stepping closer to the boys. Seylu readied her aim, squinting hard. She threw her spear in their direction, smiling triumphantly as it landed in the middle of the fight, all movements ceasing as the Metkayina boys and Neteyam recognized the calling card on the spear.

Ao'nung shrugged Neteyam off of him, standing up quickly as Seylu and Jake Sully approached. "Seylu–"Ao'nung started, red mark beginning to form under his eye, looking strongly at his terrifying sister.

"Do not speak," she turned to the other three Metkayina boys who were dusting themselves off as Jake walked to his children, pulling up Lo'ak by his arm. "Get home to your parents, right now." Seylu said harshly.

A boy with a large head of curly dark hair spoke, holding his elbow. "Are you going to tell our fathers?" he asked tentatively. Jake began walking away with his sons and daughter, but all three children wanted to see what Seylu was going to do.

Seylu rolled her eyes. "Considering I hunt with all three of your fathers, I think the topic might come up. Go." she warned, and the boys did so quickly.

She glanced at the Sully family, unsure of which brother was which from the distance they were at. Seylu was able to see the way Kiri held her hands uncomfortably, as if recoiling from a rotten touch. She turned back to her brother, whose head was down. "Did you touch her?" Seylu asked, though she felt she already knew the answer.

Ao'nung said nothing, refusing to meet Seylu's eyes. She inhaled deeply. "We will speak at home." Seylu said, trying to grab her spear that was lodged in the sand.

"A little to your left." Ao'nung said quietly, helping to guide his impaired sister.

Seylu grabbed her spear, frustrated, pushing Ao'nung forward by his head. "Walk. Now." she seethed, pushing him along.

The two siblings walked to their mauri where their mother and sister were cutting fruits. Seylu placed her spear on her mat, breathing heavily. "Did you call them freaks, Ao'nung?" she asked immediately, her brother turning around to face her.

"So what if I did? It's true."Ao'nung said, and Tsireya gasped quietly from the floor of the mauri pod.

Ronal watched the situation play out, unsure of when to jump in. Seylu hit the back of his head. "It is not true, and you must stop being rude to them." she ordered Ao'nung, finger pushing his chest back.

Ao'nung rolled his eyes. "I don't have to be nice to them, Seylu. Just because one of them is in love with you doesn't mean anything to me."

Seylu hissed at him, putting a hand to her head angrily. "This is not about me, or whatever you claim to be true. You better change your attitude, and change it quickly, because I will not tolerate your abuse to these innocent children. Our parents welcomed them, so buck up, little fisher and deal with your issues with them." she spoke strongly.

Ao'nung brushed past her. "I'm going hunting." he announced, walking out of the mauri.

Seylu sighed, coming down from her anger high. Ronal spoke from the floor. "Well, I guess you had that taken care of." she said, and Seylu flashed a brief smile, beginning to sit down on her mat.

"Be careful, Sey!" Tsireya warned quickly, stopping Seylu from stabbing herself with her spear.

Seylu moved her spear, thanking Tsireya, before settling on her mat, taking a half-finished basket to complete the weaving pattern. She sat like that with her mother and sister for a long while, talking quietly with them. It calmed her racing heart and angry mind.

꧁꧂༺༻꧁꧂