❀Javier Escuella x Reader❀

Start from the beginning

"I really like this one, mi amor..." Javier spoke softly as he landed on a page which interested him. You drew Javier with his guitar, sat by the fire accompanied by Uncle and Sean. The way you managed to draw a live flame with nothing but lead on paper fascinated him. Although he was creative in most areas, drawing was never something he could get the hang of.

"Thank you, Javi." You replied with a sheepish smile, Javier didn't take his eyes off your journal and you didn't take your eyes off of him.

—————

Nightfall came quickly, the humid air finally attaining a rush of a cool spring breeze. You hadn't seen Javier since this morning, he headed out with Charles, Josiah and Arthur to rescue Sean from some bounty hunters near Blackwater.

Luckily, everyone made it back in one piece. You sat at the table on the outskirts of camp, jotting your eyes from person to person. The group seemed to have split up all around camp, drinking and dancing. You spotted Sean in the corner of your eye, dragging Karen into Johns tent. He had been back for only a few hours and had already started the process of quenching his thirst for Karen.

"They can't be doing what I think they're doing..." Javier chuckled, walking up behind you and taking a seat on the vacant seat next to you.

"Oh no, I think they're doing exactly what you think they're doing." You slurred your words and returned a small laugh to Javier, bringing your beer bottle up to your lips before taking a vast chug.

"Easy on the liquor, mi amor." Javier muttered, gently reaching his hand to tilt the bottle away from your lips. Already 5 beers and half a bottle of whiskey down, you weren't sure his caring mentorship was going to make a difference.

"I'll be fine~" Slurring your words once more, followed by a little giggle to yourself, Javier glared in your direction. It wasn't a glare of disappointment or annoyance, but more of disapproval. His eyes weren't angry as such, more concerned and caring.

"Just take it easy, okay?" He said, smiling softly in your direction. Javier stood up, moving himself away from the table. Without even thinking, you grabbed his hand and gently tugged him back towards you.

"I- I uh..." You weren't sure why you currently had his hand in yours, you sort of just looked at him awkwardly before diverting your gaze elsewhere. It was like your mind set itself to autopilot. Of course you didn't want Javier to get up and leave so quickly, but you weren't quite sure how to explain to him why.

"Don't leave so soon, you just sat down." You mumbled, letting go of his hand frantically once you finally gathered your thoughts and formed a coherent sentence. Your neediness made Javier smile, even if you were extremely intoxicated, he still found your personality adorable and amusing.

"Awh, did someone miss me today?" He teased with a playful tone, shifting his body back towards the crate he was just sat on.

"Maybe I did." You stated, sheepishly smiling as you looked into his eyes. The alcohol was definitely doing all the talking, but the thoughts you had of Javier had been circling your mind for months now. Although he liked this sudden confidence, he wasn't quite sure how to respond.

"Well, I missed you too." Javier smiled proudly, moving his body a couple inches closer to yours. Not once did he divert his gaze, his eyes felt locked to yours.

"Well, that's... good to know..." You kept mumbling your words, not sure how exactly to speak at the moment. At this point it wasn't even the alcohol, it was the attraction towards Javier that made you feel drunk.

Javier lifted his hand up to your chin, tilting your head up to look at him. His body towered over yours like a statue. Although it probably should have come off as intimidating, it filled you with a sense of safety and comfort.

He directed his gaze down at your lips then back into your eyes. He brushed his fingers softly against your cheek and placed his thumb on your lip, leaning in towards your ear.

"You're looking perfect under this moonlight, mi amor." He whispered, tilting his head to bring his lips closer to yours. Your mind wasn't thinking of a verbal response, your hunger for Javier was about to be fulfilled and you weren't going to make any mistakes in taking up this offer.

As you tilted your head towards his, you acted on your urges almost instantly. Your lips finally met his, the warmth fulfilling the desire you had. Everything else in the background seemed to turn into muffled white noise, the only thing that felt real was you, Javier and this moment you shared together.

You placed your hand on his arm, trailing it upwards and grabbing onto his toned muscles. His hand which placed so gently on your cheek began to make its way towards the back of your head, slowly entangling his fingers between your locks of hair. Every part of your bodies that touched felt electric. The amount of time you had spent dreaming of this very moment was astronomical, you were certain that 80% of your daydreams included Javier, although you'd never admit this.

Javier pulled away from the kiss, staring deeply into your eyes. "You're an amazing kisser, mi amor..." he mumbled, wanting to go back in for seconds.

"You're not to bad yourself, Javi..." You replied with a quiet giggle, lifting your head to meet his lips once more.

—————

A/N:

It's been so long since I wrote an  'x Reader' fanfic/onshots so I apologise if it seems weird??? I promise the writing will flow better overtime, y'all just need some goddamn FAITH and to trust my PLAN!

But no fr, hope you enjoyed<3 Arthur x Male Reader coming up soon as-well as Sean x Reader:')