❀Sean Maguire x Female Reader❀

Start from the beginning

The Irishman swallowed his pride and decided to be truthful anyway. "Well, you weren't wild infront of everyone..." He paused a moment, attempting to gather his thoughts. "You did act pretty wild around me, y/n." Sean spoke his words in a soft, timid tone.

"Stop pulling my leg..." You laugh lightly in response, hoping he wasn't saying what you thought he was saying. Sean smiled awkwardly, scratching the back of his head as he dug around for an excuse in his mine.

"It's fine, it was a mistake. It was only a kiss."

"A what?" You asked, a surprised tone etching through your words. You were in the middle of sipping your coffee, his confession caused you to cough and choke on the caffeinated drink.

"It was just a kiss. A heated one, at that." Sean attempted to mutter the last part under his breathe, avoiding eye-contact with you. "Do you regret it?"

"I- I don't even remember it, Sean." You admitted. This stung his heart slightly, yours also feeling a little broken. "I'm sorry if it meant anything to you~"

"It was just a kiss, y/n." Sean interrupted with a coke tone, he tried to cover up with a fake smile but you knew him better that that. "It was nothing special."

Nothing special?

These words hit like a bee-sting, impaling you painfully and leaving behind a whole shit-show of emotions to clean up. Did he genuinely just say nothing special?

Before you even had a chance to speak, Sean had gotten up and left. You watched him walk away, your heart feeling heavy but not with regret for your actions last night, but regret for ever thinking he'd like you how you liked him.

—————

The morning dragged slower than usual, no one really woke up til mid day and Pearson hadn't made food until 1pm. You sat down by the dock of Clemens Point, staring into the water beneath your feet.

"Hey, can we talk?" You darted your head up towards the voice, you knew that unique Irish accent straight off the bat.

"Of course, Sean..." You answered, smiling in his direction. He shuffled your body over to the right giving him enough room to sit himself down next to you. "What's wrong?"

Sean sighed in defeat despite the fact the conversation had just started. It really didn't take a lot for you to convince Sean to open up to you. "I'm sorry for earlier..." He said stubbornly, staring at the floor and kicking the pebbles on the ground.

"What for?" You asked, keeping your tone curious even if you yearned for him to tell you he wanted you.

"Listen, I~" he paused a moment, diverting his eyes to meet yours as he placed your hands in his. "Hosea always says 'a drunk mind speaks a sober truth' and well, that kiss wasn't a mistake. I know you felt it to, y/n. That was something out of a fairytale."

You were taken back by his sudden confidence, this cussing you to blush like a maniac. "Listen, Sean I~"

"Nope. No- No I'm asking you, first... don't turn me down, please. One day, sober together. Tomorrow we will go out, I'll plan the whole thing. Please." He pleaded to you, holding your hands a little tighter as he stared into your eyes impatiently waiting on an answer.

"That sounds lovely, Sean... I'd really like that..." You replied, smiling sheepishly. You were going to admit your feelings to him regardless of him begging for a chance. His usual confident personality disappeared in that moment, so you went along with his cute little proposal just to make him feel a little better.

"Oh, wa- really?" He asked, chuckling and smiling gleefully. You nodded in response, this making he smile grown wider as his expression filled with determination. "It will be the best date you've ever had, darling."

There it was, back to confident cocky Sean.

"I'll look forward to it." You smiled up at him, watching him walk away. You got up and followed him, laughing sarcastically at his sudden disappearance. "Where are you going? Leaving me hanging like that."

He turned his body in one swift move, walking a couple steps closer to you until you were face to face. "I've got a quick job, going to Rhodes saloon to meet up with the Grays, no biggie. Can I kiss you? Before I leave?" He asks nervously, chuckling and awaiting a positive response.

You giggle at his proposition, nodding in approval. "Yes, Sean.. you can ki~" Mid sentence you were cut off by Seans lips touching yours. He cupped the side of your neck, his thumbs laying comfortably on your cheeks as he lifted your head slightly. He didn't try to progress the kiss any further than a sweet, passionate peck. You both pulled away, smiling at each-other sheepishly.

"Be quick on this job, Sean. I'll be waiting another kiss from you." You smiled every word you spoke, your heart beating through your chest. He walked over to his horse, jumping on and stowing his repeater in his saddle.

"Oh, please. What's the worst that can happen?" He spoke in his usual chipper tone, turning to face you with smirk stretched across his face.

"It's just a small walk in a pretty town..."

-
-
-
-
-

A/N:
Heyyyyy so I kinda rushed this 😔 I had to post something quick tho LMAO sorry it's a kinda sad one (iykyk)