His Royal Wedding: Cherish

Today was the day. Cello and Gabriel were getting married. Cello was a nervous wreck; he couldn't find Lucky anywhere. Gabriel managed to catch up to him as they searched together for the pup. Somehow, they managed to avoid the entire town as they celebrated their upcoming nuptials.

"Oh, where could he be?" Cello asked worriedly. "I'm sure he's so mad at me."

"We'll find him, Cello," Gabriel assured him. "Ling is pretty good at tracking."

"I'm so sorry about this, Gabe," Cello apologized, "and on our wedding day."

"Shush, mi amor," Gabriel waved him off. "Lucky is family and we'll make sure he's home safe."

"Lucky?!" they both heard Ling shout from a distance.

"This way," Gabriel spoke as he grabbed Cello's hand running towards Ling.

"Lucky, what happened?" Ling asked when he found Lucky on all fours trembling. He had collapsed and Ling knelt down next to him.

"Ling? What... what are you doing here?" Lucky asked weakly. He began to get wobbly and Ling caught him, holding him in his lap.

"I knew something was wrong," Ling told him. "What can I do?"

"Nothing," Lucky sighed. "I'm just happy that you're here."

"Ling, did you find Lucky?" Gabriel asked as both he and Cello found him on the ground.

"Something's wrong," Ling told them as they ran up.

"Who's this?" Gabriel asked confused as to who Ling was holding in his arms.

"Lucky?!" Cello exclaimed, extremely appalled to see Lucky as a human and hurt.

"Lucky?!" Gabriel repeated.

"I'm sorry for making you all worry about me," Lucky said softly. "I just... wanted to know what true love felt like." Lucky's body began to shrink in Ling's arms. The last light of the sun fell behind the ocean. The hourglass grew even more bright on his wrist.

"What's happening to him?" Ling's voice was shaking. Lucky's arms and face became covered in fur as his body continued to grow smaller. Ling couldn't believe his eyes. Lucky had transformed into a dog right before him. The border collie in his lap still had the same golden eyes he had looked into all week.

"Did he just turn into a dog?" Gabriel asked gobsmacked. "What in the world?!"

"Oh, Lucky," Cello said sadly as he knelt near Ling and his dog. Ling said nothing but stared into those golden eyes and cried. Cello placed a delicate hand on Ling's shoulder. Lucky licked Ling's cheek who chuckled and petted him.

"I've always loved you, Lucky, regardless of what shape or form you've taken," Ling said aloud. He stood up, cradling the border collie in his arms. The light from the moon that was now high in the sky shined directly on Lucky. Twinkling lights surrounded them all as a great wind circled around them. Gabriel cradled Cello to protect him as Ling held tightly on to Lucky. He suddenly felt heavier in Ling's arms, but he still held on and closed his eyes against the wind. They didn't know what was happening. The wind suddenly died down.

"Ling?" a voice whispered in Ling's arms.

"Lucky! You're back!" Cello said happily.

"Wait... what?!" Gabriel shouted.

"But I don't understand," Lucky said to them, "the spell said that you had to fall in love with me..."

"I said that the person you love must also love you," a voice spoke up behind them. "I never said he needed to be in love with you." It was Fairy Drag Mother.