Bonus Chapter - Xavier's POV

One month ago

 "Get out. Go away from my room. GET OUT XAVIER." She yells at me, tears streaming down her face. I want to wipe them away, to make everything better. But I can't. I am the reason why she is so upset in the first place.

Her friend, Jordan, rushes into the room and drags me by the arm, forcing me out of the room.

"I'm so sorry Candy. I love you. I love you so much and I should never have hurt you"

I have never said those words before to anyone other than Vera. I need her to know it, but she doesn't look at me. Jordan pushes me put the room, then out the door.

"We're going to your house to pick up her stuff. Now."

His tone brooks no argument. I get into my car and drive, knowing that he is right behind me.

It is the longest drive I have ever been on, and I have enough time to reflect on everything that brought me to where I am. I remember it so clearly.

Looking for Candy, knowing that I had messed up again. I tried her number, but it wasn't going through. Out of my mind with worry, I tried Jordan's number. He told me where she was, and how stupid I was for messing up. I agreed.

Beatrice stepping up to me. "She left huh? I guess she isn't cut out for you. Here, have a drink with me." I try to tell her that it isn't Candy's fault, but as I toss back the alcohol, I seem unable to speak.

Beatrice offering me the bottle of vodka as she confessed her love to me.

She held me in her arms, but I pushed her away as I realized that Candy had been right from the very beginning.

She cried again apologizing and I had to comfort her. She has been my best friend from childhood after all.

She offered me one more drink. "One more drink with your best friend.", she sniffed. I couldn't refuse.

And that was where the memories ended. The next thing that I remember was waking up in a bed, Beatrice by my side, and it was morning, and she was frantically explaining to me how we had almost had sex, how I had almost cheated on the love of my life.

Replaying the memories made me feel like scum, but I do it anyway, until we reach my house.

I watch Jordan go to her room, picking up her things, and folding them into a box. I feel like he is picking up parts of me, breaking them of piece by piece. As he steps out of the door, I can't help myself.

"Please, tell her I am so sorry. Tell her I love her."

At that, he snaps. Jordan grabs me by my throat, and pushes me into the wall. I try to move away from him, but he starts raining punches on me, and rather than try to defend myself, I allow it. He has all the right to be angry – if I could punch myself, I would do it to. I let him go on for as long as he wants, until finally, he slows down, panting heavily.

"I never want to see you around her again", he spits at me.

And with that, he drags out the suitcase of her things – the last part of her leaving me for good.

***

I can feel the stares as I walk into Louis' restaurant, but I ignore them. A waiter comes up to me, presumably to kick me out. Instead I say "Get me Louis, quickly. Tell him it's Xavier."

When Louis arrives, he doesn't waste any time with words, ushering me to the backroom where he offers VIP services. As I sit on a chair, he starts to clean my bruises.

"What happened to you man?"

Usually I would shrug off such concern, but I can't seem to. Before I know what I am doing, I have blurted out the whole story to Louis, who is staring at me aghast by the time that I am done. I don't blame him. Sharing emotions has never been my thing, and I tend not to talk about my girlfriends. However, Candy is different. I know that he can tell.