-4-

"No way," I said as he made his way towards me.

Jordan raised his eyebrows questioningly at me but I didn't have the energy right now. I felt like all the air was being sucked out of me as I watched the Friday night stranger make his way towards me, dark hair swept over his forehead, green eyes looking at me with smoldering intensity and an expensive suit that probably cost the same amount as most peoples yearly salary. He was very attractive, there was no doubt about that, but there was something else in him that seemed to command instant respect and submission. He made his way towards me and I was instantly aware of his 6 foot height making me seem very short as I was only 5 foot 4.

He was right in front of me now. I could notice little details now, like how he smelt like vanilla, how good that dark suit looked on him, and how he wasn't smiling like, at all.

He looks at me and I don't know what I expect him to say, but his words take me completely by surprise.

"Come with me" , his voice is clipped, hard, and distant.

I feel like someone just poured water on me, shocking me out of a daydream. This guy is way in over his head. Does he think I'm just going to hop into a car with some random attractive and obviously very rich stranger? What if he's a kidnapper or even mafia?

I look him in the eyes and I say, "No."

He looks at me as if I've punched him and, for some reason, I take a little pleasure in the fact that I've made him feel some sort of emotion.

He quickly assumes his blank, emotionless face again as he looks at me. "I won't keep you for long" , he says and grabs my hand. His touch sends shocks through me and I violently wrench my hand away. Suddenly, Jordan, who has been silently watching us steps between me and the stranger.

"She said no buddy" , he glares at him, a threatening look on his face. 

The guy looks at Jordan and he gets an expression I can't seem to decipher. He hands me a card, enters into his car, and drives away.

I realize I was holding my breath and take in a large gulp of air.

Even though I know nothing about this guy, it is obvious now that he isn't mafia as I thought. A mafia boss would have forced me into is car, with or without my permission. This guy is probably the some millionaire's son who enjoys riding around with his father's car and spending his father's money

"Who was that guy?", Jordan asks

I look at the card he gave me. On it there is a phone number and his name. I show it to Jordan.

His name is Xavier Reyes.

Jordan stares at the card inquisitively . 

"Do you know who he is", I ask Jordan,  as he studies the card.

"Well not really", Jordan admits. "I've heard the name being mentioned. Apparently, his father owns some big fashion industries which are world renowned and stuff so..."

"Then I assumed correctly", I smile, relieved. "This Xavier guy is just some spoilt rich kid who will probably move on as soon as he notices that I am not interested"

Jordan groans at me in frustration. "The guy is hot, rich and obviously pursuing you Candy. Won't you at least give him a try"

"Nope", I say smugly. "I'm not into the whole rich boy type. If you want him though..."

"Please, he didn't even look at me. Besides, he did all this to find you", Jordan scoffs.

I laugh and turn to walk away. "All he's managed to do is prove that he's a stalker and trust me, I am not interested in those".