~ Our Journey Of Love - 2 ~

Ahaan's POV in (-)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"She slipped into coma... Bhai.''

(As Kartik revealed the truth, I stood rooted unable to process what he said. For those fraction of seconds I forgot how to breathe.)

"Kartik I am in no mood to listen to a filthy joke like this. I know Ishqi is upset with me and hence told you to say this na. I literally have no time for what you say... umm... yaa your #Bhevar pranks. Now let me go and meet her."

(I turned towards him while saying this. My heart clenched on seeing his dishevelled self in a pool of tears. An unknown fear engulfed me. He was pranking me right? Just because of our argument she cant behave like this. She knows I need her, She knows I love her. For reasons unknown to me my brain started told me to believe what he said but my heart did not let me believe it, after all how could leave me amidst this chaos. She knows I cant live without her. Ahaan she would be upset with you and thus might have told Kartik to say so. She has the right to stay upset with you after what you have done to her. Better go and pacify her and get her back in your life. Yes. I will put in all my efforts and give all that it takes but will surely win her trust and love back. I said to myself, my trance broke when I heard Kartik cry bitterly and hug me. Nothing has happened to Ishqi... Right?)

"Bhai, aap aao yahan baitho and listen to me carefully" He said while wiping his tears.

"Main Bhabhi ke baarein main aisa jhooth bol to kya soch bhi nhi sakta. While we were coming to the hospital your BP shot up and you fainted in the car. I reached the hospital and got you both admitted. Doctor examined her and told me that she had to undergo a surgery. The doctor informed me that the drug injected to Ishqi was very dangerous and has the potential to harm the person badly. In 99% of the cases a person dies and if at all any sort of miracle happens the person has to undergo harsh after effects which are actually worse to handle. After a 3 hour long surgery doctor ne mujhey bataya ki sh...she slipped into coma" He said while the tears he caged since long began falling and he started crying badly in Ahaan's lap.

(Ishqi... Ishqi slipped into co..coma? It took me long to actually process what Kartik just revealed to me. My Ishqi whom I promised to love always, come what may. Whom I promised to keep happy. Whom I promised to keep safe and secured till my breath was now herself fighting for life. Was I this bad as a husband that I couldn't even keep my promises?)

"Kartik tu..tu mazaak kar rha hai na?" His shaky voice and teary eyes were enough to narrate his sufferings and pain. His brain already knew what Kartik said was true but how could this foolish heart of his understand this cruel game of destiny.

"I know bhai this is very difficult for you but this is what it is." Kartik said while sobbing.

"Can I see her?"

"Will you be able to?"

"Atleast my foolish heart will believe the bitter reality this way."

"Room number 301 main hai wo. Main leke chalta hun aapko"

He nodded and they walked towards the room. With each step that he took, a new question would pop up in his mind.

And after what felt like an eternity, they reached the room. Though he badly wanted to see her, he just couldn't muster up enough courage. He knew once he steps in, he wont be able to control himself. It was tough, the reality was far away from how he had always imagined their lives to be.

He then received a tap on his shoulder from his brother who then said

"Main kitna bhi bol lu I can understand your situation par sacchai ham dono ko pata hai that I can't. Infact no one can. I can only imagine how difficult this is but remember Aapka yeh Bhai aur Apni Bhabhi ka yeh Devar hamesha aap dono ke saath rahega. Bhai jao dekhlo ussey she needs you, hamari family ki wajah se ussne bahut kuch saha hai par ab nahi. Yeh hamara test hai to prove ourselves to be worth of her and we have to, koi aur option nahi hai. I am with you bhai and kuch nahi hoga Ishqi ko. She's a fighter bhai. It is difficult but how can life ever be easy to us right? Ab jao mil lo ussey."

It was tough but he knew he had to stay strong for his Ishqi and with all the courage he had he opened the door but not before giving a tight hug to his brother. Only he knew how much those words helped him. As he opened the door he caught hold of her laying lifeless with her body wrapped with multiple tubes and machines beeping.

(Her pale face and week self was enough to take me on a guilt trip and made me realise what I did was not a mistake but a sin and this was how I had to repent. How easily I said her to leave. That I regretted marrying her and that I could not tolerate her for another second and now when it was happening, all my words were turning into a horrific reality and creating distance between us, it was so difficult, so suffocating, so bitter. I walked upto her bed and sat besides her held her hand and kept staring at her and within less than a minute I felt something. A lone tear that I had captivated since long, shred off.)

"Just few hours without you and life already feels so meaningless. Meri life apna track kho chuki hai Ishqi, for you were my life's Navigator. Mujhey nahi pata Kaise aur Kab par main sab kuch theek kar dunga, I promise. Bas tum mujhpar bharosa rakhna aur jaldi se theek ho jaana."

He kissed her knuckles and caressed her cheeks. He knew it would take time but he too was determined in transforming everything, for her, for them.

------------------------------------------

Do share your love and valuable feedback!

-Nivz! <3