~Our Journey Of Love - 8~

The noise of the door knob grabbed her attention. She was in no mood to face HIM. From the moment the doctor told her that HE  was here, her anxiety grew. She was scared. Scared to face HIM. Scared of the fact that her anger would make her do or say things which she would for sure regret later. She prayed, the one on the other side of the door to be anyone else other than HIM.

While the door opened, and revealed the person behind, she was left disappointed. It was HIM. For a brief period their eyes interlocked. Their eyes conveyed everything, their words ever could. The longing, The pain, The agony was so evident. Their life played before their eyes. From borrowing his car to marrying him, how far they came. Remembering those moments a small smile crept on her face. Watching her smile filled in his heart the much needed happiness, warmth and pleasure.

But then she saw what perhaps she shouldn't have. THEIR SEPARATION. One By One came flashing in front of her eyes, the scenes. The time when he supported her in front of the world but in reality he was just returning her favour. The moment he called her the biggest mistake of his life. The moment he threw her out of his home, out of his life without even hearing her part of the story. As she was remembering all those horrendous moments, her wide smile began to die down. How easy was it for him to end everything she thought. After a good one minute of being lost, a sensation brought her out of her dream world. When she looked down, she found HIM, in a pool of tears, holding her hands and scariest of all, he was looking at her with.... LOVE?!

She at an instant detached her hand from his hold and continued

"Ab kyun aaye hai yaha? Ghar se to nikaal hi diya tha, ab kya hospital se bhi nikalna chahte hai?"

"Ishqi, Ishqii tum theek ho?" he said, neglecting her question, still not able to believe what he saw in front of him - her alright was not a dream, rather a reality his eyes were dying to see.

"Bas marri nahi, ab samajh nahi aa raha is baat ka dukh manaun ya sunke khush ho jaun"

He felt a pang on his heart. He felt a lump in his throat which was choking him, suffocating him and making it impossible for him to speak any further

After a minute of silence, a thought crossed her mind. What if he was here just out of sympathy? Just to pay her bills and to make her realise that she was nothing without him. No, she couldn't tolerate this. She had to voice it out before he does any such things.

"Just to tell this to you Mr. Malhotra, agar aap yahan mera hospital ka bill pay karne aaye hai ye soch ke ki main itna mehenge bills kaise bharungi to let me be very clear ki main ab itni financially stable ho chuki hun ki main apna aur apne bacche ka dhyaan khud rakh sakti hun, aapke aur favours ki hamey koi zaroorat nahi hai, vaise bhi aap bahut kuch kar chuke hai hamare liye" she said and suddenly it hit him that he had to break the news to her otherwise if she got it to know this from someone else it would be very difficult for her to handle herself.

"Ishqi.. Ham..Hamara ba..baccha." He tried saying it but words could come out of his mouth. Was it easy for him to break it to his wife that the dreams they had seen for their child together shattered by just one wrong step of him and his grandmother. ABSOLUTELY NOT!

"Accha haan aapko to pata hi nahi hain, and pata bhi kaise hoga, jis din ko main hamari life sabse khaas din banana chahti thi ussi din ko to aapne hamari life ka sabse bura din bana ke chhod diya. So just to tell you I'm Pregnant!" she said while caressing her belly and smiling lightly. While his eyes caught hold of the scene his heart broke. How he badly wished to undo everything that happened with them. How he wished to go back in past and slap that Ahaan who had let his wife, his love go out of his life but alas it was just a wish, a wish that could never come true.

"Ish..Ishqi wo"

"Kabse ishqi yeh. Ishqi woh kar rahe hai aap. Ab bata bhi dijiye kya kehna hai aapko. And just out of curiosity aap kabse darne lag gye? Jis Ahaan Veer Malhotra ko main jaanti hun wo to logon ki zindagi tabah karne waalon main se hai naaki khud darne wale. Ab bataiye kya kehna hai aapko apni safai main, par please ab mujhsey koi expectations mat rakhiyega, I request you."

"Ishqi, I am sorry. Main ham..hamare bach..bacche ko nahi bacha paya."

------------------------------------

Do share your love and valuable feedback!

-Nivz ! <3